[RCM Payload] Hekate - CTCaer mod

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by CTCaer, May 1, 2018.

1. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    As always error 4 is file not found.

the answer is all over that thread and in OP.
    2 boot files and your main physical partition.

Named: BOOT0, BOOT1, rawnand.bin

Move them to /backup/<emmc s/n>/restore/

2. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2017
    Germany
    -too slow-

3. cbloveday

cbloveday Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    New question based off my previous issue. Until 6.2 is supported how can I totally power off the system when not in use so I don't have to push the payload twice. Currently when I choose Power Off or Reboot both options auto Reboot into my AutoRCM.

Edit: My previous was updated to 6.2 then used ChoidujourNX to get myself back into 6.1 but somehow in the whole process still managed to burn the 8th fuse (thought I'd followed the guide correctly to not burn it but I guess not). Now that my Sleep doesn't work I have to push payloads twice if the system sleeps. I'm just wanting a way to fully power off when the system isn't being used and then when I do power it back on it comes back into my AutoRCM and only have to push the payload once (and so the system isn't still draining the battery when I thought it was powered off.

Last edited by cbloveday, Nov 28, 2018
  4. shchmue

shchmue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2013
    United States
    hold power for 12+ seconds to power completely off without payload. you burned the fuse upgrading not downgrading.

5. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    If you use autoRCM, press PWR once (to go into that mode) and then do this ^.

6. cbloveday

cbloveday Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    I do the 12+ seconds to Power Off but it still boots into AutoRCM even when doing that. I've tested that by doing the 12+ second hold to power down left it over night tried to push hekate once I plugged it into my PC and once hekate loaded it showed 0% battery at the bottom. Once I recharged the system I did the hold to power down again but this time left it plugged into my PC and after about 2 seconds of being powered off my TegraRCM picked it up as being in AutoRCM mode again without even toughing any buttons on the Switch what so ever. I have also tried using the Power Off in the system itself with the same results. I don't have this issue with my second Switch that is still on 6.0.1 running AMS7.5 only having this issue with the one that went through the update. Wondering if it could possibly have something to do with the update or maybe I have a bad file on my SD Card but the SD card is brand new 256 Samsung I took it straight out of the package loaded up the SD files from GitHub then re installed my games that were on the old SD card.

7. gundamu

gundamu GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    go in rcm, send hekate, power off from it.
    there you go

8. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    I assumed that you didn't do this so fast.

The trigger happens in 15s. So if you do the PWR and then PWR+12s then it will power on.

So better wait 15s and then do the 12s thing

pandavova likes this.
  9. cbloveday

cbloveday Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    I'll try it again. Didn't actually use a timer or anything but guessed it was about the right times.

Edit: Didn’t wanna double post warning since mine was the last post. Will the release of the new Atmosphere fix my Sleep mode issue now that you know of?

Last edited by cbloveday, Nov 30, 2018
  10. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    just want to ask question, im originaylly 4.1.0... then updated to 6.1.0 using choidujour without burning fuses (autorcm enabled)...

it is safe to reset/restore to factory on 6.1.0? will it burn fuses or not? thanks...

11. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    It's not an issue actually. It's because autorcm. It can be patched though.

It's possible yeah. I never checked the specifics, but I suppose that it may update BOOT0 and remove autorcm and thus burn your fuses on reboot.

noctis90210 likes this.
  12. noctis90210

Dec 24, 2013
    thanks... how about updating thru normal means (pop up update during launching game) while in autorcm? will it burn fuses?

13. smf

smf GBAtemp Addict

Feb 23, 2009
    Yes it will burn fuses.

14. noctis90210

Dec 24, 2013
    @CTCaer is there a away to remove update nag (during launching the game) while in autorcm enabled cfw?

15. Fishguy6564

Fishguy6564 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2014
    United States
    Any plans on adding 6.2.0 support? There's some stuff I use Hekate for that the payload atmosphere cfw uses can't do at the moment.

Last edited by Fishguy6564, Dec 1, 2018
  16. tiliarou

tiliarou GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2018
    France
    This has nothing to do with Hekate.

Any downgrade you do should happen through choidujourNX: that way, it will re-enable autorcm right after installation.

Last edited by tiliarou, Dec 1, 2018
    noctis90210 likes this.
  17. PikachuR77

PikachuR77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    United States
    How exactly is Linux chainloaded from Hekate? What files need to be copied to SD?

18. CTCaer
    OP

CTCaer GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 22, 2008
    Greece
    hekate v4.5 is now released!

Support to 6.2.0 is here!

Check HERE for more..

Happy smash-ing tomorrow ^^

hippy dave, Tebra, Huntereb and 11 others like this.
  19. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    @tomGER

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  20. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City