RB2 dlc issues.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by VashTS, Jul 24, 2010.

Jul 24, 2010

RB2 dlc issues. by VashTS at 12:17 AM (1,642 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. VashTS
    OP

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    Alright I'm at the end of my rope here. I want to do something really simple.

I want to install some RB2 DLC.
    I want to play the game from USB.

I've researched every option I can think of. Here are my specs.
    I have a 1TB fat32 (32k cluster size) HDD.
    4.1u, 249 v17, 222/223 v4 (can update to v5 if necessary), 224 v5, 250 v19base57. I have a successfully working copy of SNEEK + DI and a working copy of UNEEK.

Here is what fails. uLoader only seems to support .ciso files on fat32 drives. I could try that, but I don't know if it works and I don't want to fail again. With uLoader I could run the game from USB and use a NAND dump with the DLC in it. My files are all .wbfs so I could convert it if I need to.

SNEEK + DI and UNEEK does not let you use the second USB port on the Wii. Auto fail.

I want more than 2GBs of space for the DLC. Someone help me out. Give me a solution.

2. VashTS
    OP

United States
    so i've got an idea, i'm using a sneek nand that is corp'd to play from disc channel. all is well, but i need to know where to put the dlc on the nand. i downloaded a song on my real nand, dumped it and seen it goes to title0010005\735a4245\content. well i have some decrypted .app files im trying to use and it does not recognize it.

anyone know where i should put these files?

edit: damn i just realized my wii's keys are going to be different from the nand dump i have, how can i get a key from a nand dump? is it possible?

3. qwertymodo

Member qwertymodo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You need Hermes v5. Install 223 with 37 base. The merged IOSes in v4 don't work with Rock Band DLC. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't download DLC while running under a cIOS period, so I don't know what to tell you there.

4. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    definitly no downloading through nand emu. v5 223 base 37 like quertymodo said.

i have perfect results by using a wbfs partition with rockband 2 on it and a fat 32 partition with the dlc on it.

fat32=Primary & Active
    wbfs=Primary

5. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    @terminal,

Wait... earlier you said to just patch 37 with all three patches if you get the 204704 when downloading via emulated nand. Now you say you can't?

Which is it? [​IMG] I keep seeing people say it's not possible, and others saying it works fine.

6. mvgc3

Member mvgc3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can confirm that using a .ciso works. Rock Band 2 is particularly nice because it's already less than 4GB. I had to use WiiScrubber to take some useless video files out of Guitar Hero 5, though.

Also, I'd like to point out that failing is part of life. If you have options you should try every one before you ask others for help. Especially with this kind of stuff, where there aren't major consequences if you do something wrong (you couldn't even brick your Wii if you were just converting your game to .ciso and trying to play it).

7. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I use Uloader for RB2 (WBFS) with all DLC on USB (FAT32)
    Downloading to emu NAND doesn't work with Hermes' cIOS (never will, i think)

Everything works perfectly here, except for all DLC after about 3/5 or 4/5 from gen 4 and everything from gen5 not showing up, even though it says downloaded in the music store.

Tried updating the shop channel, re-patching IOS 37, nothing works.
    Kinda OT, but, any suggestions??
    (issue resolved [​IMG])

Back on Topic; I'd use Uloader with a WBFS partition and Hermes v5 base 37 in 223
    as posted above, .CISO on FAT32 works as well (haven't tried that myself though)

Xras

8. jakejm79

Member jakejm79 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Works fine for me and has since Hermes v5/ Wan's r19 (so 5.1 and 20 and above will work)

Install on of the above with either base 37 or base 56 then specify your USB loader to launch the game with the slot you install the above cIOS to.

This is USB loaded game and SD DLC. Shouldn't matter much whether it is a WBFS, FAT or NTFS filesystem on you HDD.

9. VashTS
    OP

United States
    got a better solution, waninokoko's rev20 base37 (or 56 i think works too). then you can just copy the .bin files to sd using a rb dlc manager and it plays.

thread can be closed if necessary