Rayman Legends confirmed for PS Vita.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mind you I realize Sony and Ubisoft aren't connected at all, so referencing first party titles might not be relevant in this thread. I just know that titles being ported to all systems, as well as cross play titles, won't be enough to prop up the Vita.
Kinda like Gravity Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Soul Sacrifice, LittleBigPlanet, Wipeout 2048, etc.

Kinda like Persona 4: Golden (Atlus), Mortal Kombat (Warner Bros?), Metal Gear Solid HD (Konami), etc..

I know people may see the PSVita as a sinking ship, but there are a ton of first/second/third party games worth playing. Just like the 3DS, I won't call it S(D)ooooomed just yet!

As the WiiU/PS3/360/etc.. version hasn't been released, I personally wouldn't just go calling everything a port. If something has been released and it's been made for another console, it may be a port. If it's "original", it's just like any other game :I

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita has Oddworld New N Tasty HD and Oddworld Munch's oddysee HD Coming for it, it's getting a sale from me just for those titles alone.
Having Rayman Legends as well is actually making me really want a Vita now.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
More ports? Awesome. If Sony were truly committed to the Vita they would develop more franchises exclusively for their handheld. Yeah it's nice getting Sly Cooper, and other big name franchises on Vita. But if Sony were to develop a few critically acclaimed series which were Vita exclusive, like Nintendo did with Mario & Luigi and Advance Wars, that would go a long way to a solid Vita sale increase.
You mean like it got Gravity Daze/Rush, Uncharted: Golden Abbyss, WipeOut 2048, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force/Full Frontal Assault (which admittedly is a multiplatform game, but it's still a simultaneous release on both the PS3 and the PSVita... or would've been if the PSVita version wasn't buggy to all hell and needed some extra tweaking :P), Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Resistance: Burning Skies, Soul Sacrifice and will be getting Future Wars soon? You can accuse Sony of just about anything except not releasing their own IP's on the PSVita.

D

Deleted_171835

Since you're only controlling Murphy (at least, in the Wii U demo), I don't think that would be a problem. If you're controlling Murphy and your character at the same time though, I guess it makes sense.
Yeah, playing the Wii U's Challenges Demo, you only control Murphy, not both. Which is why it would make more sense to use the touch-screen instead of the less-accurate back-touch .

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And Ouya, don't forget Ouya. XD

Still laughing at this everytime! :rofl2:
raymanexclusive.png

It was launched as an exclusive, and was then ported. I don't see what's so funny.

If anything, I find the fact the Vita is getting even MORE ports hilarious.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It was launched as an exclusive, and was then ported. I don't see what's so funny.

Oh, I didn't know the game was released. LOL
No it was ANNOUNCED as an exclusive then they decided to delay it in order to make it into other consoles. See where I'm going with this? It means that the word "exclusive" was practically non existent. It wasn't even a timed exclusive, they just decided to scrap that word and make it multiplatform. That's why I find it so laughable.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know the game was released. LOL
No it was ANNOUNCED as an exclusive then they decided to delay it in order to make it into other consoles. See where I'm going with this? It means that the word "exclusive" was practically non existent. It wasn't even a timed exclusive, they just decided to scrap that word and make it multiplatform. That's why I find it so laughable.

Well good to see you have a simple sense of humor.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

Why is it that whenever the Wii U gets a multiplat, everyone rejoices, but when the Vita gets the same, everyone is like "lol, more ports."

Reactions: Qtis and Joe88
D

Deleted_171835

Why is it that whenever the Wii U gets a multiplat, everyone rejoices, but when the Vita gets the same, everyone is like "lol, more ports."
Home console ≠ Portable system.

Although I wouldn't really classify Rayman as a "pointless port". It's releasing at the same time as the other SKUs and seems to be a pretty competent portable version of the game. It's a nice addition to the Vita's library.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?