SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow, how the hell do you always manage to pul out a better reponse than me, even though we both know the same amount of info
tongue.gif

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
jakejm79 said:
RawkSD allows me to use custom/imported (from other RB/GH games) songs and have them treated like they are regular DLC. I will still have the same issues with loading RB2 from USB with it either not deleting the songs after use or that the cIOS de/encrypts the DLC/Customs differently than the regular IOS giving me the "out of date" error.

RawkUSB allows me to do the same as above, but will now allow me to store the DLC/Customs on a FAT HDD or SDHC Card. But I will still have the same problems as above, so the USB in the name just refers to the location of storing DLC/Customs not for playing the game.

Will RawkUSB use a patched version of IOS37 (like RawkSD) or will it be a completely different one (I think I read conflicting info earlier). The reason I ask is because I currently autoboot to Wiiflow and use a iso forwarder to launch RB2 via softchip (I was the one that created the one mentioned earlier in the thread), and if it uses a different IOS then it will confuse things.

And lastly there is still no way to make DLC/Customs work 100% correctly when loading the game via a cIOS (i.e. USB loading), for this to happen there needs to be a fixed/new cIOS developed.
RawkSD imported/custom songs act like DLC in almost every way. It will give the same issues as DLC would for non-conventional means of use.

RawkUSB/3.0 allows DLC and customs to be stored on a HDD or SDHC card. However, it won't even work with backup copies or USB loaders due to the IOS it uses.

It will probably be a new IOS
, but that's a personal guess. Regardless, it doesn't matter to you because you will not be able to boot via the new IOS with your backup copies no matter what you try. The IOS will not include DIP-patching and/or whatever other junk 249/223/CORP include, meaning it will only work with the disc and nothing else.

DLC loading could theoretically be fixed with a cIOS revision, but let's be realistic - that's not happening any time soon.

OK, currently I boot my retail disc of RB2 via softchip (since I don't use the System Menu) but using the standard IOS37 (only thing I have done is run the rawkSD patch), if it is going to be a new IOS (i.e. IOS 237 for arguments sake) wont this cause problems with loading from the disc channel since the game will try to load with the standard ISO37, so I would assume you would either have to use a loader that specifically uses the new IOS or you would need to replace IOS37 with the new one. I understand that DLC when loading with a cIOS is basically impossible, and at limitation of the cIOS and nothing to do with rawkSD/USB, but I just hope that I will be able to use rawkUSB well loading the retail disc from a USB loader but specifying the IOS that it loads with, be it IOS37 like I do now or the new IOS.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then how do they propose loading the game? Are they going to also develop a new loader, or do they plan on it being able to be loaded from the disc channel, if from the disc channel then there is no reason softchip (which currently works) wont also work as long as is selected to use the correct IOS (currently IOS37) to load the game. I think you may be confused, I am not talking about using a backup launcher to launch a backup of the game, I am talking about using a loader to launch the retail disc with either the regular Nintendo IOS or any other one that needs to be used, this is in lieu of the disc channel since I don't have easy access to the system menu.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think you may be confused. I'm the one who wrote the RawkSD loader that was shown in the video before it got taken down. Not sure who "they" are that you keep referring to.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They being the developers of rawkSD/USB, so I assume this video that is no longer viewable shows a new loader to boot the retail disc. That was my question: If the new version of rawkSD/USB will require a specific IOS then how do we load it, I have read the last 20 pages of this thread and saw no concrete info on how this will be achieved. I apologize if I missed something, I assume this new load will be your typical dol file that can be launched via the HBC.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jakejm79 said:
They being the developers of rawkSD/USB, so I assume this video that is no longer viewable shows a new loader to boot the retail disc. That was my question: If the new version of rawkSD/USB will require a specific IOS then how do we load it, I have read the last 20 pages of this thread and saw no concrete info on how this will be achieved. I apologize if I missed something, I assume this new load will be your typical dol file that can be launched via the HBC.
Jep you're right, there will be an Installer/Loader-App, so run it, let it install the IOS and load the game with exactly the same App. At least as far as I can remember from the Video...

Btw: Why not simply wait? There will be an Read Me! included in the Release for shure...impatient people, jeez...
rolleyes.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
wiimanizer said:
will the new RAWKSD[or USB] be able to work with backup loaders;sd/usb loaders?
Nope. It might run on its own IOS that has no backup loader capabilities whatsoever- so even CORP users will need a legit disc. They just chose not to include backup loading.

are you fucking serious!?!

i mean i love ciocorps and i have to waste 20 bucks to play rawksd 3.0 god i don't understand why the hell rawksd people don't like to be like priates!! i mean who gives a shit if we are or not. but stooping this low just puts my own piss to a boil and i may drink it now that i'm pissed but i'll buy the game. i hope they have it used cause i refuse to pay 2 extra bucks for it!!

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
DJPlace said:
SFenton said:
wiimanizer said:
Nope. It might run on its own IOS that has no backup loader capabilities whatsoever- so even CORP users will need a legit disc. They just chose not to include backup loading.

i mean i love ciocorps and i have to waste 20 bucks to play rawksd 3.0 god i don't understand why the hell rawksd people don't like to be like priates!! i mean who gives a shit if we are or not. but stooping this low just puts my own piss to a boil and i may drink it now that i'm pissed but i'll buy the game. i hope they have it used cause i refuse to pay 2 extra bucks for it!!

Waste!?
One of the better way to spend your money is to buy this game!
If a game is very good, why you'll steal it?
And, now in adittion to the game you'll get RawkSD 3.00 to be able to play DLC using a HDD?
Is that wasting money?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
DJPlace said:
SFenton said:
wiimanizer said:

Waste!?
One of the better way to spend your money is to buy this game!
If a game is very good, why you'll steal it?
And, now in adittion to the game you'll get RawkSD 3.00 to be able to play DLC using a HDD?
Is that wasting money?

it better work with an 16gb sd card is all i give a damn about...

and personally i don't give a damn about HDD they cost too much money and the econemy in the states suck balls but i'll buy the game when this gets released. i mean rawksd 3.0 sorry if i pissed you guys off i just can't get something to work ATM...

(damn BRB...)

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all.
1) Is it just me or does the current RAWK not support Band Hero, will RAWK 3.0/USB?
2) Any plan (at release or some time after) to include a PAL version of RAWK 3.0/USB?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
They being the developers of rawkSD/USB, so I assume this video that is no longer viewable shows a new loader to boot the retail disc. That was my question: If the new version of rawkSD/USB will require a specific IOS then how do we load it, I have read the last 20 pages of this thread and saw no concrete info on how this will be achieved. I apologize if I missed something, I assume this new load will be your typical dol file that can be launched via the HBC.I'm not a developer, but from what I'm told it will have a "cIOS" that works with the launcher. The launcher HBC app includes the RawkSD customs installer AND a launcher which loads the game from the disc using the cIOS and with whatever tweaks RawkSD will put into effect. It does not include the pirate voodoo of other cIOSes, meaning only retail copies of the game work.

fubka said:
So the USB support is only for custom DLC and not store DLC?No, it will handle both, making this valuable to all RB2 players and not just those with customs/imports.

DJPlace said:
i mean i love ciocorps and i have to waste 20 bucks to play rawksd 3.0 god i don't understand why the hell rawksd people don't like to be like priates!! i mean who gives a shit if we are or not. but stooping this low just puts my own piss to a boil and i may drink it now that i'm pissed but i'll buy the game. i hope they have it used cause i refuse to pay 2 extra bucks for it!!Boy, aren't we feeling entitled? If you bother reading, you would understand that RawkSD 3.0 is not compatible with backup copies because it creates more problems and more work for the developers, not because the devs "don't like to be like priates" (although with posts like these, you really can't blame them). The devs don't feel like catering to a group of users who are prone to making things difficult when the program works perfectly with retail copies of the game.

QUOTE(DJPlace @ Dec 16 2009, 03:12 PM) it better work with an 16gb sd card is all i give a damn about... and personally i don't give a damn about HDD they cost too much money and the econemy in the states suck balls but i'll buy the game when this gets released.
It will work with SDHC cards as well as HDD's. The game is only $20 and is by far the most game for your money on the Wii.

QUOTE(AtomBoy @ Dec 16 2009, 03:57 PM)
1) Is it just me or does the current RAWK not support Band Hero, will RAWK 3.0/USB?
2) Any plan (at release or some time after) to include a PAL version of RAWK 3.0/USB?
RawkSD 2.0.1/2 is the last official release; it does not support Band Hero, Guitar Hero: Van Halen, or Lego Rock Band, all of which will be supported in RawkSD 3.0.
I've heard no details about a PAL release, we'll have to wait and see.

The Priate King

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
SFenton said:
wiimanizer said:

2t2tn.jpg

Kolma

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Kolma.info
XP
Country
United States
The Priate King said:
DJPlace said:
SFenton said:
wiimanizer said:

2t2tn.jpg

Had to come back to forums just to comment how great this is xD'

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
jakejm79 said:
I'm not a developer, but from what I'm told it will have a "cIOS" that works with the launcher. The launcher HBC app includes the RawkSD customs installer AND a launcher which loads the game from the disc channel using the cIOS and with whatever tweaks RawkSD will put into effect. It does not include the pirate voodoo of other cIOSes, meaning only retail copies of the game work.
Great, I don't need the 'pirate voodoo' stuff, I have retail disc, I just want to be able to inject the launcher dol into a custom iso and then install that onto a WBFS partition and launch it from wiiflow. It seems like that might be possible depending on how the launcher works, you mention it will work in conjunction with the disc channel, the only way i think that could work would be would be if the launcher program patched the system menu or reloaded it with hooks. Anyway I will sit patiently for it to be released to see how it works.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That was poorly worded. It loads it like the disc channel does. The launcher is a Homebrew Channel application and should theoretically be usable in the same situations as any other app... so forwarders, iso entries, or self-contained wad channels should work. Can't say anything for sure til it comes out yet.

cvgoldensun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowChaos said:
wiistarter said:
ShadowChaos said:
can someone explain to me what rawkUSB is, and what it does, since i don't feel like going through a bunch of pages

You could have at least read the first page...

RawkSD allows you to install custom songs as DLC onto an SD card, to be played on Rock Band 2.
It also allows you to importing songs from all Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. Read the guide for more information.
It supports everything up to the most updated Wii, though you must run the included patcher before using it.
you could have read the post... i was asking about rawkUSB, not rawkSD

I'd like to know this too... from what I've gathered, RawkUSB (aka Modern Rawkfare, for some reason) is just like RawkSD but with a USB HDD because HDD's fit more DLC
biggrin.gif
and can someone answer my orig. Question?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cvgoldensun said:
I'd like to know this too... from what I've gathered, RawkUSB (aka Modern Rawkfare, for some reason) is just like RawkSD but with a USB HDD because HDD's fit more DLC
biggrin.gif
and can someone answer my orig. Question?RawkUSB works like RawkSD in that it continues to allow you to make custom songs and to import songs from most other music games. It differs in that it will support USB and SDHC storage of songs, both for imports/customs and for original DLC.

Also, your original question... this one?
QUOTE(cvgoldensun @ Dec 14 2009, 07:31 PM) What do you have to do to prep a wii for this? I Have cIOS rev 14 (and Hermes 222/223). I did that thing that allowed me to play VC games off my SD card menu.
I copied over the Rawk SD files properly. Anything else I should look out for?
---
Also, is it possible to load all of the normal DLC (that's usually bought in the store) with RawkSD (I have been having problems with DLC and my USB loader
tongue.gif
)? Where could I download the files necessary for that?
There is no prep work really, not until the next version release. All you need is a Rock Band 2 disc, the ability to run homebrew, and perhaps a vulnerable IOS with which to run the IOS patcher. And yes, it will load normal DLC. However, I think you will be disappointed because RawkSD 3.0 will only work with store-bought copies of RB2 - backup copies and USB loaders can't be used.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi