Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tornadolphin said:
tueidj said:
wiimanizer said:
wait...but i dont get it. how are the other people getting rawkSD to work with customs? ive seen many youtube vids with customs being used on RB2...
huh.gif

was that because before v2.02, that everything was working fine?
In the first post: "NOTE: RawkSD does not work when Rock Band 2 is loaded with recent cIOS releases, which means no USB/SD loaders. Use an original disc."

So there's your fix: go buy the damn game instead of saying our program has bugs.

If I buy the original disc, I will still have the problem of the RawkSD patcher not running on my Wii because I am using cIOS. Is there therefore no way I can get RawkSD to run on my Wii as I am using cIOS's even if I do get an original disc? Or is there a method I can use that will allow it to work?
Um, no - the RawkSD Patcher runs fine and does exactly what it's supposed to, applying a patch to IOS37. RawkSD does not work if it is LOADED WITH A CIOS, but using a retail copy means that you will be loading the game via IOS37. Trust me, the retail copy always works, it only costs $20, and is probably the most game for your money on the Wii.

EDIT: I previously ignored the possibility that you were using a cIOSCORP IOS37. The solution then is very simple, uninstall that garbage and let the Wii do its job.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
wiimanizer said:
that...still...wont solve anything really though...
unsure.gif

im using ghwt instruments. im not spending $$ to get another set
W. T. F.
How does starting RB2 via the system menu prevent you from using GHWT instruments?
Do you really have an original copy of RB2 or are you just making up bullshit?
i have rb2 and it works with ghwt instr. i meant rb1

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
So there is a limit as to how many we can play before the NAND fills up with RawkUSB?
RawkUSB does not fill the NAND at all because it handles DLC and customs the way a retail copy normally does and removes songs from the NAND after they are played.

RawkSD which is run with a backup loader or through a cIOS will not delete songs from the NAND after they are played. The average song is 200-300 Wii memory blocks. A NAND with nothing but official channels installed probably has ~2000 blocks left, or 6-10 songs. Your NAND probably has less free space - check the Wii memory menu for free space.

The simplest solution is to use the retail disc and play as long as you like. The game supports 100-song setlists for a reason.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
RoniPunk said:
Are they waiting for GHVH to be released?

Using 7 4gb SD cards (not HCSD) can't wait to put it all on 1 USB

GH:VH was leaked like 2 months before -.-

Yes I know but that was if you got it for buying GH5.
I have it already but can't play on RawkSD yet!
Dec. 22 is when it is released for retail.

cvgoldensun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I have been reading this thread for a while and I would like to just do a quick checkup to make sure I have done everything correctly:

What do you have to do to prep a wii for this? I Have cIOS rev 14 (and Hermes 222/223). I did that thing that allowed me to play VC games off my SD card menu.
I copied over the Rawk SD files properly. Anything else I should look out for?
---
Also, is it possible to load all of the normal DLC (that's usually bought in the store) with RawkSD (I have been having problems with DLC and my USB loader
tongue.gif
)? Where could I download the files necessary for that?

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowChaos said:
can someone explain to me what rawkUSB is, and what it does, since i don't feel like going through a bunch of pages

You could have at least read the first page...

RawkSD allows you to install custom songs as DLC onto an SD card, to be played on Rock Band 2.
It also allows you to importing songs from all Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. Read the guide for more information.
It supports everything up to the most updated Wii, though you must run the included patcher before using it.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone else running into problems with rawksd where it'd eventually stall out loading into a song? always happens. i think the longest i've gone without needing to restart the wii was 5 songs.

ShadowChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiistarter said:
ShadowChaos said:
can someone explain to me what rawkUSB is, and what it does, since i don't feel like going through a bunch of pages

RawkSD allows you to install custom songs as DLC onto an SD card, to be played on Rock Band 2.
It also allows you to importing songs from all Rock Band and Guitar Hero games. Read the guide for more information.
It supports everything up to the most updated Wii, though you must run the included patcher before using it.
you could have read the post... i was asking about rawkUSB, not rawkSD

heavyd2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowChaos said:
wiistarter said:
ShadowChaos said:

you could have read the post... i was asking about rawkUSB, not rawkSD

RawkSD v3.0 (widely referred to as rawkUSB) hasn't been released yet - read, read, read.....
grog.gif
Rumour has it that it might be released in the next few weeks; just be on the lookout for it on homebrew news sites and possibly YouTube.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I read this correct this is what I understand:

RawkSD allows me to use custom/imported (from other RB/GH games) songs and have them treated like they are regular DLC. I will still have the same issues with loading RB2 from USB with it either not deleting the songs after use or that the cIOS de/encrypts the DLC/Customs differently than the regular IOS giving me the "out of date" error.

RawkUSB allows me to do the same as above, but will now allow me to store the DLC/Customs on a FAT HDD or SDHC Card. But I will still have the same problems as above, so the USB in the name just refers to the location of storing DLC/Customs not for playing the game.

Will RawkUSB use a patched version of IOS37 (like RawkSD) or will it be a completely different one (I think I read conflicting info earlier). The reason I ask is because I currently autoboot to Wiiflow and use a iso forwarder to launch RB2 via softchip (I was the one that created the one mentioned earlier in the thread), and if it uses a different IOS then it will confuse things.

And lastly there is still no way to make DLC/Customs work 100% correctly when loading the game via a cIOS (i.e. USB loading), for this to happen there needs to be a fixed/new cIOS developed.

Thanks, I understand the last one was a little off topic, but would appreciate any answers

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
will the new RAWKSD[or USB] be able to work with backup loaders;sd/usb loaders?
Nope. It might run on its own IOS that has no backup loader capabilities whatsoever- so even CORP users will need a legit disc. They just chose not to include backup loading.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lubbo said:
can u put on custom songs or only ones from guitar hero and rock band?Both! You can create custom songs, download chart files from custom databases like those at FoF and ScoreHero, and import the songs from your other game discs.

cvgoldensun said:
What do you have to do to prep a wii for this? I Have cIOS rev 14 (and Hermes 222/223). I did that thing that allowed me to play VC games off my SD card menu.
I copied over the Rawk SD files properly. Anything else I should look out for?
Also, is it possible to load all of the normal DLC (that's usually bought in the store) with RawkSD (I have been having problems with DLC and my USB loader
tongue.gif
)? Where could I download the files necessary for that?I'm not even going to bother answering any of these questions because you can't use RawkSD 3.0 with a USB loader and if you'd read any of the previous posts, including the first one, you'd know this. If you buy a legit disc between now and release, there's nothing else you really need to do - just be ready to install an IOS patch thingy and have a hard drive ready for use.

ziddey said:
anyone else running into problems with rawksd where it'd eventually stall out loading into a song? always happens. i think the longest i've gone without needing to restart the wii was 5 songs.Is it because you're running a backup copy? It can stall when the NAND is full. If you're running retail, it can still occasionally stall during loading, but this can occur with DLC or even on-disc songs from my experience, so I wouldn't pinpoint RawkSD as the culprit.

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ Dec 15 2009, 09:22 PM) RawkSD allows me to use custom/imported (from other RB/GH games) songs and have them treated like they are regular DLC. I will still have the same issues with loading RB2 from USB with it either not deleting the songs after use or that the cIOS de/encrypts the DLC/Customs differently than the regular IOS giving me the "out of date" error.

RawkUSB allows me to do the same as above, but will now allow me to store the DLC/Customs on a FAT HDD or SDHC Card. But I will still have the same problems as above, so the USB in the name just refers to the location of storing DLC/Customs not for playing the game.

Will RawkUSB use a patched version of IOS37 (like RawkSD) or will it be a completely different one (I think I read conflicting info earlier). The reason I ask is because I currently autoboot to Wiiflow and use a iso forwarder to launch RB2 via softchip (I was the one that created the one mentioned earlier in the thread), and if it uses a different IOS then it will confuse things.

And lastly there is still no way to make DLC/Customs work 100% correctly when loading the game via a cIOS (i.e. USB loading), for this to happen there needs to be a fixed/new cIOS developed.
RawkSD imported/custom songs act like DLC in almost every way. It will give the same issues as DLC would for non-conventional means of use.

RawkUSB/3.0 allows DLC and customs to be stored on a HDD or SDHC card. However, it won't even work with backup copies or USB loaders due to the IOS it uses.

It will probably be a new IOS, but that's a personal guess. Regardless, it doesn't matter to you because you will not be able to boot via the new IOS with your backup copies no matter what you try. The IOS will not include DIP-patching and/or whatever other junk 249/223/CORP include, meaning it will only work with the disc and nothing else.

DLC loading could theoretically be fixed with a cIOS revision, but let's be realistic - that's not happening any time soon.

QUOTE(wiimanizer @ Dec 16 2009, 01:39 AM)
will the new RAWKSD[or USB] be able to work with backup loaders;sd/usb loaders?
No. The developers aren't interested in bending over backwards and doing extra work for pirates. RawkSD works perfectly with a retail copy, trying to run it with anything else creates issues that are not RawkSD's fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol