RawDump question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by krissynz, Apr 4, 2009.

Apr 4, 2009

RawDump question by krissynz at 10:26 PM (956 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. krissynz
    OP

Newcomer krissynz Advanced Member

United States
    There have been a few Wii games that I have already made copies of, and was wondering if instead of having to dump the original again, if I could just dump the copied version, what about a copied verision that has been Wii Scrubed?

Yes I have a HLGDR-8161B DVD-Rom drive, with frame.network and RawDump and Rawdump does work, just want to see about copies, don't want to try to copy a copy for 3 hours just to have an error pop up or something [​IMG]

2. SirTempest

Member SirTempest GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    you don't need rawdump for copies. you can copy your backups with every disk-copy-programm, like clonecd, alcohol 120%, imgburn...

3. krissynz
    OP

Newcomer krissynz Advanced Member

United States
    Even if I use another one of these programs can I still copy a copy of a Wii game, everytime I have tried it, it tries saving the file with some weird name, yet if I put in a real game it gives me a real title, is this an issue. Plus the one time I tried letting a backup copy all the way through it stopped with 4 minutes left of the reading, and threw up some error (which I accidently closed to quickly to read).

4. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Backing up an original, you need to use the special drive and the special dumping program.

Backing up a backup, you can use any drive and you must use a normal program like ImgBurn or Nero. The programs will not be able to read the filesystem on the disc but they don't need to to make an image file or make a direct copy. You must not use rawdump or friidump or anything like that. It will also read at normal DVD drive speed (something like 8x or 12x or 16x or maybe even higher) instead of the painfully slow dumping speed.