Rate your vista experience nao!

VOTE!

• It is good. Games run fine (DX10), no crashes, hardware works fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it is okay. Games run decent (SX10), rare crashes, hardware mostly compatible

• BOOO!. Games lag like crap (DX10[vid card must be good]), frequent crashes, hardware problems don't

• Total voters

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
wondering on how ppl would rate vista. (see "Majave Experiment")
please only rate if your main computer's main OS is Windows Vista/you use vista more than frequently. also, list your common tasks (web browsing/gaming/etc)

thank you

just curious as I can either buy this now or wait.... your opinion will control my fate.

WHY WON'T THE POLL COME UP?!?!?!

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quad core proc and video editing is a lot easier on here as well as encoding HD releases
smile.gif

I don't game much on the PC. Aside from like TF2 and other Valve games, which run flawless (8600gt)

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Linkiboy said:
I have a quad core proc and video editing is a lot easier on here as well as encoding HD releases
smile.gif

I don't game much on the PC. Aside from like TF2 and other Valve games, which run flawless (8600gt)
I would have said the same, but my PC is the crappier version of yours. Like I told you once.
frown.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vista = more performance intensive version of XP that brings nothing I need or want to the table.

Aka its not necessarily bad, just not as good as XP.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Used to have it install on 1 computer.
Which was my cousins

Sucks for him
smile.gif

Eventually he got a virus and we install XP on it

Now my other cousin has a laptop with Vista on it

I stay away from it when possible

Yes I have two cousins living with me.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually don't miss using XP. There was one time where I had to use Vista for about 8 months, and when I got back to XP (for another 7 months), I really missed using Vista. Gaming is fine for me (I have SLI 8800GT
tongue.gif
) and I've no hardware problems, although my motherboard had potential problems with both XP and Vista.

If you really worry about suckiness, just go for Linux
tongue.gif

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gman 101 said:
I actually don't miss using XP. There was one time where I had to use Vista for about 8 months, and when I got back to XP (for another 7 months), I really missed using Vista. Gaming is fine for me (I have SLI 8800GT
tongue.gif
) and I've no hardware problems, although my motherboard had potential problems with both XP and Vista.

If you really worry about suckiness, just go for Linux
tongue.gif
New version of Ubuntu in like 2 months
smile.gif

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mostly fine but I voted okay due to some of my own problems. There are usually no compatibility issues but strangely it likes to crash at the boot screen??? Maybe I just need a simple fix because I can't play Starcraft with any compatibility setting and with the newest update.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vista is always good to me on each install (4 now I think I count) for about 4 months, then the problems start sinking in. Inconsistent start up times, unable to access the network and sharing center (and for that matter, some network functions on other programs) for 7-10 minutes after boot up and issues reading and writing files between removable storage which has caused explorer to crash on multiple occasions. Mix that in with awful creative drivers (bad purchase on my part right there!) and a few wonky nvidia issues the last time I ran it and I was one unhappy bastard. I do hope for the best with Vista and I am stubborn enough to take another stab at it in the future (distant future this time!), but I'm already experiencing the current best with XP.

To those that would reply to me saying that their experience is fine, good for you. I'm am infact glad to hear it. But I mainly care about how my experience is. Which is why I say at the same time that if you haven't tried Vista, fuck other people's opinion. Give it a spin. Give linux a spin too. And OSX should you have the hardware (Apple or not). See what everyone has to offer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-