Rate the song from the poster before you

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
2/5 - Didn't really like it. Some parts were great but some sounded really off. I think if it was played properly though it'd sound great on the harmonica.

D

Deleted User

4/5
He's a good singer, and that lead guitar was a nice bonus.

You might have only heard their popular song "Slow Ride"
Foghat - Fool for the City

Get the studio version, it's great.

Potticus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shoot it skipped a page let me listen to this hog fat song
biggrin.gif

4/5 quite catchy, good tune
biggrin.gif

Being very young it saddens me I missed the 70's
frown.gif

But I know I was born for them
ohmy.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@TrolleyDave - My favorite PIL song, which is really the only one I'm familiar with because I punished my boyfriend, brother, and other innocent readers of my LJ with it so much after I first heard it in Waltz with Bashir, This is Not a Love Song. I searched far and wide for an instrumental or midi version of it and found nothing. That particular track would be so awesome if it were not for Johnny Rotten's godawful and repetitive vocals, y'know? At least, the version they put in the film soundtrack, I mean. One of my friends opened the song after I posted it in my LJ and said, "Okay, I made it to 15 seconds before I had to close it." A couple days later he said it got stuck in his head and he ventured to try it again, and said "I made it to 30 seconds this time!" Good memories.

Anyhow..
Ballroom Blitz: Not bad, sounds like something that belongs in one of my classic rock mixes that I used to make when I was a teen stoner. If I can forgive the poor fidelity I'd give it at least a 3/5. But I can't listen to that again without being irritated by the quality.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
4/5 - Pretty good track, not heard them before. Funky and eclectic, kind of reminds me of early Moloko.

I've not seen Waltz With Bashir but just checked out the soundtrack and the version of Not A Love Song is the album version. There's another version as well, more kind of punky. It doesn't contain the trumpets or anything, still has Lydons vocals obviously though! lol Not alot of people like Lydons vocal style but I love it, really unique. I'm a huge Sex Pistols fan as well so that probably helps alot. I can recommend some good PiL stuff if you ever want to give it a try. They play a huge range of different styles like punk, new wave, pop and even Indian style music!

Potticus said:
2/5 Sound quality is shit? or it sounds like that?

That's how it's supposed to sound! lol

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it, and I've always loved fractal art too. 4/5

Wax Simulacra was actually the winner of the 2009 Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance. My friend was like, "Yeah. Disturbed got robbed." On the other hand I've been a fan of these musicians since 1999 (when the singer and lead guitarist were performing with At-the-Drive-in) and that was their first Grammy nomination as well, so I was thrilled to find out they had won.
------

I don't know if there was ever a real video for this song, and the slideshow is lame, but the sound quality is pretty good. It's a bit of a long track as far as the standard Radio-friendly Singles go.. but this is also one of my long-time favorite acts, since their first single which all of my friends got sick of and I simply skipped whenever I played the album...

edit: the reason I think the slideshow is lame is because most of the images of the band include people who did not participate in the album this song is from. and here's another interesting factoid: a young Nicole Scherzinger (from Pussycat Dolls) was the female backup vocals on several tracks on this album and did some live performances with Days of the New in support of this second album. she lends a native american-style sound to the tracks she's on that is really unique to Days of the New.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1/5- That was elevator/bad game backing music I am afraid.

Back on my cover songs kick:

Nouvelle Vague with "Too Drunk to Fuck" (cover of a Dead Kennedys song of the same name).

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
5/5 - Great cover! Really funky and jazzy. You wouldn't expect it to work but it does. I've only ever heard one track by them before which is...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)