Gaming Rate my PKMN team

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been in the Pokemon since 2003 (Silver being the last game finished, Sapphire being the last game played) and I just played Platinum. Once again, I'm in a collecting mission and this time around, it's easier as there's GTS and Wi-Fi communication, which is a big plus. Anyways, please rate my team.

NOTE: I haven't played Pokemon that much for a long time so I have no clue about EV training and the other new features. I prefer the old school breeding.

All PKMN are Level 60

Torterra (Grass/Ground) - Cut, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, Earthquake
Gengar (Ghost/Poison)- Hypnosis, Mean Look, Psychic, Shadow Ball
Floatzel (Water) - Surf, Ice Beam, Crunch, Razor Wind
Staraptor (Normal/Flying) - Fly, Brave Bird, Close Combat, Take Down
Lucario (Fighting/Steel) - Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Thunderpunch, Strength
Flareon (Fire) - Rock Smash, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Bite

From what I can remember, all of my Pokemon are holding items that enhance the attacks of the same type i.e. Lucario holding something that enhances Electric moves since he has Thunderpunch.

Moves in italics are moves that I want to replace since a) I have caught every catchable legendary PKMNs out there and b) I don't use them that much.

I will also take suggestions of which moves to replace. If you do, please suggest why is it for the better.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
*flexes muscle*

QUOTE said:

Gengar is awesome. One of the few Pokémon from the first generation that still kicks major arse. I would, however, suggest reworking his entire moveset. Ice Punch, Focus Punch, Substitute and Fire Punch. Serebii is quite right when they say Gengar can be used to crush many overused Pokémon like Skarmony and Tyranitar. I don't know why you have Tortera, Floatzel, Staraptor or Flareon, however. If nothing, Staraptor needs to be replaced by Skarmony, Flareon with Houndoom, Floatzel with Gyarados and Torterra with Garchomp.

If you would like, I'd happily throw in new movesets for the replacements.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
*flexes muscle*

QUOTE said:

Gengar is awesome. One of the few Pokémon from the first generation that still kicks major arse. I would, however, suggest reworking his entire moveset. Ice Punch, Focus Punch, Substitute and Fire Punch. Serebii is quite right when they say Gengar can be used to crush many overused Pokémon like Skarmony and Tyranitar. I don't know why you have Tortera, Floatzel, Staraptor or Flareon, however. If nothing, Staraptor needs to be replaced by Skarmony, Flareon with Houndoom, Floatzel with Gyarados and Torterra with Garchomp.

Very true. Gengar is l33t. Since I got all catchable Legendaries now, I'll abandon the "catcher" Gengar for the "striker" Gengar.

I have been given a wake-up call in the Trainer Cafe. The rest of the team died. I'll take your advice.

I knew I should have gotten a Magikarp from the start. Thanks
smile.gif

Still taking advice...

P.S. I'm considering the following PKMN, simply because I wanted to have them since the past games but can't.

Metagross, Flygon, Gorebyss, Wailmer, Tyranitar, Exploud, Gallade.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I need some help with my team. I got tons of pokemon I'd consider "team material" and I've been messing with the change up.

Staraptor - Aerial Ace, Take Down, Fly, Close Combat

Leafeon - Energy Ball, Solar Beam, Iron Tail, Dig

Miltank - Earthquake, Iron tail, Body Slam, Zen Headbutt

Scizor - X-Scissor, Aerial Ace, Giga Impact, Iron Head

Gabite - Stone Edge, Iron Tail, Dragon Claw, Earthquake

Alakazam - Focus Blast , Energy Ball, Thunderbolt, Psychic

I'm still working on the hold-items since I'm still training them so any advice on the team or moveset is appreciated.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great stuff R2DJ, nice to see that someone doesn't just fill their party with legendaries.

Gamesoul: get rid of that Leafeon
tongue.gif
, your better off with a Tottera or something, but you'll be sacrificing some speed.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Venusaur before Leafeon and I've been looking for a Torterra for some time now. After I put up a few offers I'll have to substitute Venusaur in for now.

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ: I'm not sure how competitive you're going into, but, to be perfectly honest, your team is pretty bad. (Sorry! D:)
You should stay away from all HM moves except Surf and Waterfall in general, but this looks like an in-game party so they can stay. If I were to change the moves, I would make it so that each Pokemon has its own specialty. Gengar, Flareon, and maybe Lucario should specialize in only SPATK moves and Torterra, Floatzel, and Starraptor should focus on only physical attack moves. Also, you may want to consider bringing in one or two defensive or supportive Pokemon. These can benefit your team in the long run. Some commonly used defensive Pokemon are Blissey, Skarmory, Suicune, and Fortress.

GameSoul: Your party is decent. Just try to vary your attack types more.
Staraptor - Get rid of Fly and Takedown and replace them with different attacks. May I recommend Brave Bird?
Leafeon - It should specialize in SPATK so take out Iron Tail and Dig. Also, Solarbeam's use of two turns just isn't worth it.
Miltank - Miltank is mostly a defensive Pokemon but if you want to make it an offensive attacker, get rid of Iron Tail. Its accuracy is too low to be useful. Try Gyro Ball maybe?
Scizor - Giga Impact gives your opponent a free turn. Not a good idea.
Gabite - Get rid of Iron Tail. Besides that, it looks good.
Alakazam - Good enough.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
All PKMN are Level 60

Get rid of Cut on Tortera. It wouldn't hurt to teach it Energy Ball, Giga Drain, LeafStorm or Woodhammer (pretty sure it'll learn it with a Heart Scale). Everything else looks good.
Gengar has a good move set. Maybe add Dream Eater or Thunderbolt. iunno what moves to leave out...
Floatzel's moves are very... Wide. They seem like they are strict to the moves it only learns by leveling... But Nothing else to add.
Staraptor, same thing with Floatzel. Teach it U-turn. Moves pretty useful.
Lucario, take out Strength for Earthquake or Psychic.
Flareon, wtf. Rock Smash? And Bite? Teach it Shadow Ball and Dig instead ^^

QUOTE(GameSoul @ Jun 20 2009, 03:32 PM) I need some help with my team. I got tons of pokemon I'd consider "team material" and I've been messing with the change up.

I'm still working on the hold-items since I'm still training them so any advice on the team or moveset is appreciated.
Staraptor, Get U-Turn and switch it with Take down. And just as someone just said... Brave Bird is awesomee!
Leafeon... Either teach it Sunny Day or get someone else on your team to learn Sunny Day.
Miltank... Nothing to say. It is good as is.
Scizor needs to get rid of Giga Impact. But what to add...?
Gabite should be a Garchomp xDD. Once it is a Garchomp, take Dragon Claw out for Draco Meteor or for temporary reasons, but Dragon Pulse
Alakazam, that move set is what pretty much most Alakazam's have... Nothing to say.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright. I changed my team's moves and this is the result. Please rate. I taught them moves to counter their weaknesses.

Torterra (Grass/Ground) - CutFacade, SolarbeamWood Hammer, Sunny DayRock Slide, Earthquake
Gengar (Ghost/Poison)- HypnosisThunderbolt, Mean LookEnergy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball
Floatzel (Water) - Surf, Ice Beam, Crunch, Razor Wind, Dig
Staraptor (Normal/Flying) - Fly, Brave BirdU-Turn, Close Combat, Take DownSteel Wing
Lucario (Fighting/Steel) - Aura Sphere, Dragon PulsePsychic, Thunderpunch, StrengthWater Pulse
Flareon (Fire) - Rock SmashDig, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, BiteShadow Ball

So far I am happy with the diversity of my team's moves.

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wintrale said:
*flexes muscle*

QUOTE said:

It's okay to use non-overused Pokemon. You kept the one OU on his team, then told him to replace every non- with the same overplayed bullshit. Use all of those Pokemon myself, and Skarmory, Garchomp and Gyrados can be taken out more easily than you'd think. Ask Bellossom and Masquerain.

Also, just, please don't give advice. Your tips can be summed up in a peek at Smogon's top tier list.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have 2 questions
1. is there a move deleter in d/p/pt to get rid of moves? and...

2. is there a list of which pkmn are in which tier?

Now onto my advice, me personally, i used beneficially multityped pokemon with good stats and iv.

torterra(if u know how to use him), Blaziken, Metagross(and not just for steel attacks) have strong offense and decent defence, blaziken- atk and spd

the others are single typed but have good attack to counter their weaknesses
Staraptor(close combat), Wailord(bounce) and pikachu(because im a fan of the japanese ver. show)

DxEggman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
i have 2 questions
1. is there a move deleter in d/p/pt to get rid of moves? and...

2. is there a list of which pkmn are in which tier?

Now onto my advice, me personally, i used beneficially multityped pokemon with good stats and iv.

torterra(if u know how to use him), Blaziken, Metagross(and not just for steel attacks) have strong offense and decent defence, blaziken- atk and spd

the others are single typed but have good attack to counter their weaknesses
Staraptor(close combat), Wailord(bounce) and pikachu(because im a fan of the japanese ver. show)

1: Im sure there is, dont remember where, though

2: http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
I haven't been in the Pokemon since 2003 (Silver being the last game finished, Sapphire being the last game played) and I just played Platinum. Once again, I'm in a collecting mission and this time around, it's easier as there's GTS and Wi-Fi communication, which is a big plus. Anyways, please rate my team.

NOTE: I haven't played Pokemon that much for a long time so I have no clue about EV training and the other new features. I prefer the old school breeding.

All PKMN are Level 60

From what I can remember, all of my Pokemon are holding items that enhance the attacks of the same type i.e. Lucario holding something that enhances Electric moves since he has Thunderpunch.

Moves in italics are moves that I want to replace since a) I have caught every catchable legendary PKMNs out there and b) I don't use them that much.

I will also take suggestions of which moves to replace. If you do, please suggest why is it for the better.

well, for pkmn it really depends on what your TEAM needs.

step #1) get either all physical/special attacks. dont get mixed unless your SP.A is about the same as your ATTACK.
step #2) after you get all badges/beat the game. get a HM slave dont use your PKMN's to have HM (with the acception of Waterfall)

-my moves that i would teach it and make it your tank:
~ Wood Hammer,
~ Earthquake / Stone Edge
~ Leech Seed
~ Stealth Rock / Protect
only thing i would change is take out meanlook, and put in psyhci and put in either
~Thunderbolt/Focus Blast
~replace meanlook and put Destiny bond?(i put this on to get rid of pokemons who have used a lot of calm minds and etc)
also the reason why i would replace meanlook is bcuz gengar does not have good defense, once you use it, gengar might die in one hit.
~not sure about this pkmn, never seen it a lot so i dont got a lot of experience with it sry but you can look it up at smogon.com
~same with this
~only i would change is your strength and put earthquake
~change either flamethrower/fireblast and put in shadow ball?
~replace rocksmash and put.. idk about this one loool

got almsot all info from smogon.com dont be afraid to mix and match.

QUOTE(GameSoul @ Jun 20 2009, 09:32 PM) I need some help with my team. I got tons of pokemon I'd consider "team material" and I've been messing with the change up.

for youuu my friend, if you plan to play people online, i would just get rid of the Gabite right now, bcuz people consider that an 'uber' bcuz of its base stats.

~same as above, haven't seen this a lot so can't help from experience.
~i dont know why you gave your Leafeon Special type attacks, it has lower SP.A than ATTACK.
~change engery ball ->swords dance?
~soloar bear ->leaf blade for STAB (same type attack bonus)
~iron tail -> quick attack (so you can do some damg b4 you die) OR return
~dig-> sythesis/x-scissor, up to you on this oe.
item: leftovers/lifeorb
~i would make your miltank a tank/lead to set up stealth rocks, and as for moves,
~ Heal Bell
~ Milk Drink
~ Stealth Rock
~ Body Slam
item: leftovers
~x-scizssor can be replced by u-turn if you want
~bullet punch for STAB
~brick break/swords dance
~pursuit/roost
items:leftovers/life orb if you want to use the moveset that's on the left, but if you want to use all attacks choice band.
stated above, but change iron tail and put in a fire move?
this one is okay cept maybe change energy ball -> icebeam? up to you

hope this helps you guys~ and hopefully we can battle soemtime
wink.gif

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yeahitschris said:

step #1) get either all physical/special attacks. dont get mixed unless your SP.A is about the same as your ATTACK.
step #2) after you get all badges/beat the game. get a HM slave dont use your PKMN's to have HM (with the acception of Waterfall)
I changed my team's moveset. You critiqued on the old moves.

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
yeahitschris said:

I changed my team's moveset. You critiqued on the old moves.

kk, you going to do EV training too?

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
My Leafeon has better ATK than SPATK which is why I gave it Atk-based moves.

Can anyone doing a quick rating on my Mismagius?

Mismagius - Psychic, Dark Pulse, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM