redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
natal.jpg

pix.gbatemp.net hates me so don't complain about image location...
QUOTE said:
Rare continues on with their very public campaign for Microsoft's Kinect through development director Nick Burton. After debuting their Rare Kinect Avatars, he's now encouraging gamers to "go and have a go on Kinect, period."

While skeptics have been circling overhead the motion controller since it was officially unveiled, Rare has been consistent in expressing support for it, saying that those doubts will be erased as soon as gamers get their hands on Kinect.

"Until people play Kinect, and they play it for more than a couple of seconds, which is unfortunately what you get in the trade shows... But you know hardly anybody's getting a chance to play it."

He furthers, "It's one of those things you've got to have what I call your Kinect moment, when you realize... And we see this, we saw it at gamescom and E3, people go, 'Oh, it's way better than I expected. It's way more high fidelity than I expected."

Watching demos of Kinect in action on videos, or simply reading about it, simply just doesn't communicate the experience as authentically as when you yourself are trying it out. And as mentioned above, he doesn't mean trying it out for a few couple of seconds.

While Sony has admitted that they're not expecting too high of Move's first day sales, Burton is confident that hardcore gamers will be lining up for Kinect when it launches in November.

"You watch the Live leaderboards when these things come out. There will be people... We'll be there going, 'How the hell have they gone that fast?' or 'How have they got that big score?' That will be the hardcore doing that."

I'm waiting to see what rare will be able to do with kinect, might be interesting
tongue.gif

Source: QuickJump

redact

‮҉
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
RupeeClock said:
Of course Rareware are going to say this, they've developed Kinect Sports and have a lot riding on Kinect's success or failure.

They've already alienated one of their most dedicated fanbases, to the point that they disbanded.
http://mundorare.com/news/2010/07/mundorare-closes/
that reminds me, i really need to replay CBFD one of these days...

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Rare started to suck when the people that brought us DKC [and banjoo?] left them
or at least i started losing faith in them at that point.

oh well, i'll go try kinect at my cousin's house who i know will buy anything M$

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I already waved my arms about in front of my ps2 eye-toy. It was fun for about 5 minutes, the the complete lack of tactile response ruins most games.
There is no way in hell that I'm going to pay the price of a second console just to wave my arms around for 5 minutes then get bored.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EnigmaXtreme said:
The fact that a company can go so rotten that its no 1 fan site closes must say something about Rare and who its associated with, just think where Rare would be if it was still owned by Nintendo

Just as defunct? Rare died off because it died off, not because Microsoft was the cancerous scourge of video gaming. If Nintendo saw massive potential for them they would've, you know, kept them. It's not like they made anything good after the N64, unless you want to count that Conker remake.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Im so sad i never got to finish Donkey Kong 64, that was a truly awesome game.
To bad it´ll never get released as WiiWare/Virtual Console
frown.gif

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SnAQ said:
Im so sad i never got to finish Donkey Kong 64, that was a truly awesome game.
To bad it´ll never get released as WiiWare/Virtual Console
frown.gif
Rare has nothing to do with DK64 not being on VC, Ninty owns Donkey Kong not Rare, hence why the Rare made Donkey Kong Country games are available. I think its due to the fact that N64 games are hard to emulate on the Wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"