Not open for further replies.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why did I know this was going to be in the music section already when I first read the announcement?

Try to be less predictable next time.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
People talking to a beat...its a slight skill but still something that holds no real appeal to me (unless you count the Gorillaz who I really like)

Anyone heard of "The Street" there's a boring group the lead singer just talks. I'm not shitting you at all. I've got an acoustic version from the Radio 1 Live Lounge and its the most boring song on there.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was good in the 80's/90's and even early 00's but its horrendous now. The British stuff is bad, just chavs shouting at each other.

D

Deleted User

Advice Dog said:
RAP: Retards Attempting Poetry
LOL i never heard that one before, but i agree it was once good but it died out.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't listen to rap usually, but rap certainly doesn't suck. At least not all of it.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yea, Rap sucks.

I do like 3OH!3 though. And Hollywood Undead, and Gorillaz. And Limp Bizkit btw.
So, the more alternative rap groups/bands are pretty good imo.

It's just the anoying gangster rap that sucks.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG said:
It sucks and makes no sense!

Poorly written songs made by random people to make some easy money.
Rock.
rolleyes.gif
Specially heavy metal.

QUOTE(playallday @ Nov 27 2009, 02:12 PM) I prefer "light" rap. Not this crap where you don't know what the hell the guy is talking about.
+1

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course rap sucks. It always will. As long as people today remain piggish and borderline whores, rap will still be popular. But that doesn't mean it doesn't suck. I mean, just look at Twilight.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never cared for rap myself. Seems like all it is is blah-blah-blah and BOOOM-BOOOM-BOOOM. The bass is what annoys me the most. It's like just because someone likes rap, they figure it's fine to annoy everyone else with the unnatural bass and play it way too loud. Makes me feel like grabbing a baseball bat and bashing some inconsiderate bastard's heads.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
It was good in the 80's/90's and even early 00's but its horrendous now. The British stuff is bad, just chavs shouting at each other.

I couldn't even begin to think how hard I'd laugh listening to some douche with a brit accent rapping. Black rappers in the US are gay enough. They are all stupid with the exception of a few (maybe Jay-Z, Eminem, a few others).

Most beats are repetitive and stupid. I think they're are trying to bring back synths, AKA, some ghetto producer who just got garage band after seeing an Apple ad now trying to "ro' like a big shot".

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
Yea, Rap sucks.

I do like 3OH!3 though. And Hollywood Undead, and Gorillaz. And Limp Bizkit btw.
So, the more alternative rap groups/bands are pretty good imo.

It's just the anoying gangster rap that sucks.

an-guy_shaking_head_no_lg_blk.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Rayder said:
Never cared for rap myself. Seems like all it is is blah-blah-blah and BOOOM-BOOOM-BOOOM. The bass is what annoys me the most. It's like just because someone likes rap, they figure it's fine to annoy everyone else with the unnatural bass and play it way too loud. Makes me feel like grabbing a baseball bat and bashing some inconsiderate bastard's heads.
+1

@playallday: +1 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended