Hacking Random11's Credit Card Sized amiibo cards

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
would it be possible to upload the character cards, but without the character name/game logo? basically just the character card image without any words. i want to add the words myself so i could make it a larger size and probably also reposition them. mainly need this for the botw ones. you're the only one i can find with botw card images. any help with this would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

I made all of these cards at a slightly bigger playing card size. I linked it in the OP but here is the link again to the other thread if you missed it. Those might work better for you.

what dimensions should I use on word to print

see OP

tinfoilfork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made all of these cards at a slightly bigger playing card size. I linked it in the OP but here is the link again to the other thread if you missed it. Those might work better for you.

see OP
i tried both sizes. i really like how your cards look, it's just that the words end up being smaller than i like and i also want to position it at the bottom of the card. i don't really know how to edit the name/logo on your card without ruining it. i only know how to paste an image over another image. sorry if it sounds like i'm whining too much about it. just wanted to know if you had the botw character cards without the name/logo. the background image alone without the name/logo and without the character would work as well. if not, i'll try it with a different background. though it definitely won't look as good as yours.

NeoShadow7366

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wish i would have seen this to earlier today. i just finished my amiibo tags. really happy to be able to take my amiibos with me now. but its really cool of you to post theses. gunna save them for my photo bank in case i decide to update mine at any time.
17629967_1366295216747254_3765780585273700148_n.jpg
17630115_1366295220080587_2685014411926001079_n.jpg

Reactions: driph

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
well I uploaded the pdf for you. It has the crop marks. They are there to help you line up your cuts they are meant to be cut off! Same place as before
https://mega.nz/#F!HYZChToK!u-5hftIk2JVwP9Oc3ge28Q

The way I would do it is to print them out on a full sheet of sticker paper. And cut out each card just a little bit smaller then the crop marks that way you are less likely to have part of the sticker overhang the card. Personally I'd rather a little bit of white around the border then have the sticker keep peeling up because you nicked it when handling it.

ALSO same instructions as when printing the playing card sized images:

how would you print these on thoese self service printers with 6 on a page? Dont think it will take pdf.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how would you print these on thoese self service printers with 6 on a page? Dont think it will take pdf.

I've never used a self service machine. Don't know what they have for options. PDF is pretty standard though. I wouldn't be surprised if it did accept it. You can always just take the png files too though. I would assume the machine would have a way to print more then one picture per page.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I've never used a self service machine. Don't know what they have for options. PDF is pretty standard though. I wouldn't be surprised if it did accept it. You can always just take the png files too though. I would assume the machine would have a way to print more then one picture per page.

It only takes 12x8 photo paper size, about 20cm by 30cm so with the current pngs you uploaded was able to print 8 on 1 sheet. cost £2 so thats about just $2.5 usd. Slightly on the bright side so cant see some of lower half in much detail for the 30th anniversay cards. Maybe can fit 10 if play around the size and have all pics next to each other. Not sure if matt quality would be better.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is how it looks

I dont know why it got printed like that. Maybe the machine automatically brightens pictures.... odd. I hope you were able to get your money back, or at least a discount.... well, unless you are happy with it.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know why it got printed like that. Maybe the machine automatically brightens pictures.... odd. I hope you were able to get your money back, or at least a discount.... well, unless you are happy with it.

might try another shop which prints on matt but more expensive

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked in the other thread but this is the size I really need. Could you do Guardian in landscape and tetra in 30th anniversary style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I asked in the other thread but this is the size I really need. Could you do Guardian in landscape and tetra in 30th anniversary style?

I currently have no plans to post my photoshop file or background images, or to create specific requests for certain cards. Unless I would personally want the requested card. I hope everyone will understand.

llars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Below is a link to an archive of my business card sized versions of these. There's 21 images total, the 17 cards and 4 backs in the archive. I printed these on Avery Business Card sheets (10 cards per sheet) and then got some business card sized laminating pouches. Total cost was around 35.00, that's for 20 NTAGs, the Business Cards (10.00), and the Laminate pouches (5.00). I printed the backs on separate cards so the NTAG would be hidden between a front card and a back card. I've also included an imgur link to the SSB cards I completed.

https://imgur.com/a/g0e9V

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=84232427072578316603

Thanks to Random for creating the original and credit card sized images which made this possible.

Last edited by llars,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Below is a link to an archive of my business card sized versions of these. There's 21 images total, the 17 cards and 4 backs in the archive. I printed these on Avery Business Card sheets (10 cards per sheet) and then got some business card sized laminating pouches. Total cost was around 35.00, that's for 20 NTAGs, the Business Cards (10.00), and the Laminate pouches (5.00). I printed the backs on separate cards so the NTAG would be hidden between a front card and a back card. I've also included an imgur link to the SSB cards I completed.

https://imgur.com/a/g0e9V

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=84232427072578316603

Thanks to Random for creating the original and credit card sized images which made this possible.

Looks good. You can barely tell they are stretched without looking at the originals. Although, I noticed you cropped off the bleed sections. Why not use the bleed sections so that you don't have to streatch it as much, no? It would be one thing if you wanted to keep the bleed and use it as a bleed but if you don't need it, why not use it in the final image. If the crop marks are visible just enlarge the whole thing by 1% or something to get rid of them.

Anyway. Just my suggestion.

Edit: here. I tried it with one. I cropped off 0.5 cm from the left and right. (1cm from the width total). You can just make out the crop lines still in the corners but if you enlarged the image by 2 or three pixels you could get rid of them easy. And they you wouldn't have to squish the width as much to fit on the business card.

Attachments

• cc 30th anniversary card toon link v3 cropped.png
    cc 30th anniversary card toon link v3 cropped.png
    158.3 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by Random11,

llars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Business card sheets are more or less pre-cut, you just bend them at the seams and they break apart, and there's no gap between one business card and another. If you had to cut them by hand then yes I agree, but using the template all the images are right on top of each other which is what caused the alignment issues. If the image placement was off by even one pixel I'd end up with part of image 1 in business card #2. It took a bit of tinkering to get the alignment perfect but once I figured out the offset they all came out perfect.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/G...-4c7a-a46b-f34d3f151fd8.jpg._CB344421894_.jpg

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have no plans to post my photoshop file or background images, or to create specific requests for certain cards. Unless I would personally want the requested card. I hope everyone will understand.

With heavy heart I understand. IMG_0600.JPG

I made these at work, so thanks.

Last edited by kidasquid,

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Business card sheets are more or less pre-cut, you just bend them at the seams and they break apart, and there's no gap between one business card and another. If you had to cut them by hand then yes I agree, but using the template all the images are right on top of each other which is what caused the alignment issues. If the image placement was off by even one pixel I'd end up with part of image 1 in business card #2. It took a bit of tinkering to get the alignment perfect but once I figured out the offset they all came out perfect.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/G...-4c7a-a46b-f34d3f151fd8.jpg._CB344421894_.jpg

Yes I understand that. What I am saying is because you didn't need the bleed you could use it instead of getting rid of it. For example, instead of stretching the image you could have just cropped them and then scaled them down a little. Here is an example of what I mean:

this is the credit card sized image with the darker sections showing where you would crop.
cc 30th anniversary card toon link v3 buisness crop.png

if you cropped out that section of the cards you would have a perfect aspect ratio for the business cards. It ends up being a little big still but at least then you can uniformly scale down the image to fit the proper size of the business card without warping. It does leave a little more head room then you might like though.

So you would then end up with this:
cc 30th anniversary card toon link v3 buisness.png

Im only gonna make the one for you though. If you like it stretched you can keep the ones you have (like I said its barely noticeable) but if you want it not stretched you can crop them this way to make them fit perfectly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

With heavy heart I understand. View attachment 83383

I made these at work, so thanks.

are those inkjet cards? they look nice. Also would you mind changing it to a thumbnail? On my PC it takes up the whole browser screen.... its so big lol.

Last edited by Random11,

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are those inkjet cards? they look nice. Also would you mind changing it to a thumbnail? On my PC it takes up the whole browser screen.... its so big lol.

Not sure how on Tapatalk. And those are PVC cards on one of those badge printers.

Random11

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure how on Tapatalk. And those are PVC cards on one of those badge printers.

I bought some PVC cards and I was going to buy a badge printer too.... But my cards still havent shown up and now I'm looking at my credit card bill after buying the switch and everything.... Im pretty broke. I think im just going to go with labels :( even though I would much prefer printing onto the cards directly

Also if you can edit the bbcode of your post you can change [ATTACH=full]XXXXX[/ATTACH] to [ATTACH]XXXXXX[/ATTACH] (take out the =full) and it will change it to a thumbnail. If you cant its not a big deal. Its just pretty big on my screen

Last edited by Random11,

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought some PVC cards and I was going to buy a badge printer too.... But my cards still havent shown up and now I'm looking at my credit card bill after buying the switch and everything.... Im pretty broke. I think im just going to go with labels :( even though I would much prefer printing onto the cards directly

Also if you can edit the bbcode of your post you can change [ATTACH=full]XXXXX[/ATTACH] to [ATTACH]XXXXXX[/ATTACH] (take out the =full) and it will change it to a thumbnail. If you cant its not a big deal. Its just pretty big on my screen

Better? Yeah, if it wasn't free because they are centralizing security, I wouldn't bother.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye