elacapitan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Setup: 4.1e softmodded using this guide

Usb loader GX installed working fine.

Problem: i tried to install a wad using Wad Manager but i didn't notice that my memory was not enough. the installation finished OK but when i got to the Wii Menu i got the "Memory full warning" so i tried to delete some other channels via the Data Management. But i noticed that my free blocks count was still at zero. So i thought i should delete the wad i had installed last (i should have uninstalled it using Wad manager i know but i didn't think about it at the time). That gave me back some blocks. So i thought that was it. i had fixed the issue.
But after exiting the Data Management screen and was waiting for the Wii Menu to load i got a Systems files corrupted error.
Turning my Wii off and on again fixes the problem which only re-appears sometimes ( weird i know) when i go into the Data Management and try to go back to Wii Menu.
I can play games normally,i can access the Wii settings screen . Overall i just get that message without any other problems. But obviously i'm worried of what might happen at a later stage.

I tried to see if the wad i installed left behind any traces using Anytitle DeleterDB but the labels in the list weren't very helpfull and i didn't want to delete stuff at random .

I have read that re-installing priiloader fixes the problem for those that get that error message as soon as they go past the health warning but mine doesn't show it there.

any thoughts?

elacapitan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just tried ATD MOD but i still get "unknown" next to 6 entries.
UNEO
HCJP
NGBL
JODI
XLCA
AWAD

i found out what most of them are except HCJP and XLCA.

i also discovered that inside ATD MOD there are duplicate entries for the news and weather channel. don't know if that has something to do with my problem.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HCJP is BBC iPlayer.

XLCA is likely a custom channel. I can't find any info on it.

The duplicates for Weather/News are normal. There's two components. You probably see HAFA & HAFP for weather and HAGA & HAGP for News.

elacapitan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
thanks techboy.
i did delete BBC iplayer through Data Management since it doesn't work outside the UK. So i'm guessing the entry i'm seeing is the ticket left behind.

And you're right about the two components. They are HAFA & HAFP for weather and HAGA & HAGP for News.

So the only choice right now is formatting. i'm trying to stall so that hopefully i'll find a different solution.
I did try to backup my save files to my sdcard but some of them have the option of copying greyed out. is that normal?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elacapitan said:
thanks techboy.
i did delete BBC iplayer through Data Management since it doesn't work outside the UK. So i'm guessing the entry i'm seeing is the ticket left behind.

And you're right about the two components. They are HAFA & HAFP for weather and HAGA & HAGP for News.

So the only choice right now is formatting. i'm trying to stall so that hopefully i'll find a different solution.
I did try to backup my save files to my sdcard but some of them have the option of copying greyed out. is that normal?

Yes that is normal that some game saves can't be copied to SD. Seems the devs of those games didn't want people to share saves and/or try to hack them.

Preloader/Priiloader can patch the system menu to allow you to copy protected saves to SD. Since you have it installed you should boot up to it and make sure the option is turned on. If it is then try turning it off, save, reboot, turn it on, save, reboot, try to copy the protected saves again.

Also before you format the system memory you should really install BootMii as boot2 in the event that something goes wrong.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If for some reason you can't get the save hack in priiloader to work, you can always use the "Wii Backup Disc". You'd have to "obtain" the ISO, then run it somehow.

Either burn it and run thru NeoGamma, or use a USB loader (that's not GX, which won't run it for some reason).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
in my experience, 95% of the time some1 has the system files corrupted message, installing a patched system menu IOS solved the problem. (fyi, the sys menu ios has to be patched to play pirated wiiware/vc games off your system menu)

Usually this is caused by installing an older version of priiloader or preloader on a wii without a patched system menu IOS.

Not sure if this will work for you, but there is not harm in trying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...