Rambo: The Video Game - #1's Worst Game of 2014

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by WiiCube_2013, Feb 23, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Last year we had Retribution 1%: Ride to Hell (1% the complete amount of effort put into it) which was near unplayable and this year somehow we have another shitty game with terrible audio quality that is, Rambo: The Video Game.

I seriously don't know how there's developers that have the courage to release these god damn crap games knowingly they're going to get negative scores and all. Maybe that's why they do it.

P.S.: Angry Joe's going to review Rambo: The Video Game in more detail but after seeing Jim's "gameplay" video I kinda seen it all already.

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Why a Rambo game NOW, of all times? I could've expected one released along Rambo IV, but WHY now?

3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Silverthorn likes this.
  4. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Spiky!

Mar 27, 2012
    France
    Admittedly, it's actually harder to completely screw up a rail-shooter, but I'd still say Guise of the Wolf takes the prize.

5. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    So, why would we consider this game to be absolutely terrible? Sure, the audio and visuals aren't stellar, but it functions like you would expect a shooter of any kind to function. As the person in the video points out, about the only thing that sets a rail shooter apart from a normal shooter, especially when considering one like this, is that you aren't moving yourself through the preset path of setup enemy spawns. The audio and visuals aren't great, especially not the audio, but the game seems to function well enough, seeing as the cover and reload system actually work. Legitimately, what makes this game so much worse than the plethora of other shooting games out there?

All in all, I'm sure there will be substantially worse games this year, and as was already pointed out, Guise of the Wolf is a hard one to beat for being a purely shit game.

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    I saw this when I posted the release for it. I had wondered how it would play out -- the dev does not have a great history here and it looked like a reskin of one of those.

Hopefully Mad Max will do better.

7. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    Revival of a lost genre?

8. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I watched Total Biscuit's (don't like this guy but I watched it anyway) video yesterday of Guise of the Wolf and he pointed out the flaws of the game but Rambo: The Video Game with its uncontrollable crappy shooting gameplay and horrendous audio bitrate still seems like the worst of the bunch so far.

But the money's on Titanfall for either being a huge disappointment or success and Microsoft's trying to sell Xbox One consoles with the help of Titanfall though they do realise the game is going to be also on PC and Xbox 360 right? I guess so, after all that's two other platforms they own.

9. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Here's another nice review of Rambo the video game. actually just finished watching this one before seeing this thread

10. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    *insert reference to angry rant here* For more details, PM me. That is all.