Gaming ram & cpu

DarknessxD407

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My motherboard can only use ddr2 800 with an 800mhz cpu and with a 533mhz fsb it underclocks to 533mhz when I put in a cpu with 800mhz fsb it refuses to start everything powers on but I see nothing on the screen and the front computer case light blinks once every second. could the ram be causing this with wrong settings? I have a g31-m4 & I'm trying to upgrade from a celeron 330 to a pentium sl7e4. I've never have problems with ram like this.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
DarknessxD407 said:
My motherboard can only use ddr2 800 with an 800mhz cpu and with a 533mhz fsb it underclocks to 533mhz when I put in a cpu with 800mhz fsb it refuses to start everything powers on but I see nothing on the screen and the front computer case light blinks once every second. could the ram be causing this with wrong settings? I have a g31-m4 & I'm trying to upgrade from a celeron 330 to a pentium sl7e4. I've never have problems with ram like this.
Can't see why but hey it's biostar... tried a cmos reset? have any different ram to test? tried in single channel mode? PSU is enough for the system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.