• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Raining cats and doges

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to buy on at 4c, but I couldn't find any way to buy doge since coinbase doesn't support it. By the time I got another system set up to buy it, it was at 8c. I still bought it like an idiot and now I've lost about 2/3 of what I put in. SAD.

I am gonna "hodl" though, maybe in 20 years it will spike again :shrug:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super new to cryptocurrency, but everyone in my teachers group decided to buy 10k each. I wanted to when it was at 2cents, but Voyager still has me on a wait list, Binance doesn't work in my state, and AnchorUSD won't clear my bank until tomorrow. (And it isn't accepting my credit or debit cards either)

Now it's at 4 cents :(

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm super new to cryptocurrency, but everyone in my teachers group decided to buy 10k each. I wanted to when it was at 2cents, but Voyager still has me on a wait list, Binance doesn't work in my state, and AnchorUSD won't clear my bank until tomorrow. (And it isn't accepting my credit or debit cards either)

Now it's at 4 cents :(
Doge is so volatile, $10k??

Wow, I hope your pals do okay.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doge is so volatile, $10k??

Wow, I hope your pals do okay.

Oh no, 10k coins, sorry. Yeah we intended only to spend about $200-300 each lol.

The initial idea was a teacher's gambit, so it'll all be dumped back into the education circle. If we lose $200-300, it was worth the risk, you know?

If it does shoot up significantly, let's say to $1, then I'll sell off ten percent, and reinvest. But for now, it's just there, you know?

My verification just went through, I bought about 7k coins.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I don't see doge ever getting that high. No one knows for sure, but if it ever gets back to 8c I will be happy so I can cash out. And if I were you I would too and take your $300 in profit at that point.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, I don't see doge ever getting that high. No one knows for sure, but if it ever gets back to 8c I will be happy so I can cash out. And if I were you I would too and take your $300 in profit at that point.

Yeah, that might happen too! I don't know to be honest. I'm not super concerned, kind of a set it, follow the flow, you know? There's an effort on the subreddit for a big push come Feb 4th, so who knows. If anything, it's gotten me to actually look into crypto and stocks in general, so now I'm sitting over my finance apps looking at trends haha.

But I wish us all the best of chances!

Last edited by Windaga,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.