XSEED Announcement

Pre-Order Promotion

Ragnarok Online, not really online.

Cavedude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I used to play the patched one. Surprisingly it was actually kind of fun for some reason. Maybe it was the feel of the game. I can't wait to actually understand the game : ).

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This was the first Japanese game I actually finished which pretty much proves how much I love it. Anyway, the point of this thread was to ask if anyone had the game already but I just noticed it's still January and not February, I'm retarded.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if it has this:

-Choose-able appearance
-Choose-able class
-Pets
-Expansive explorable world
-No characters going "OMG You have to do the main storyline. You have to. I'm forcing you to."

Because if it doesn't then I think this game is a crap worthless version of Ragnarok that should die. If Ragnarok Online DS doesn't have any of that crap then it doesn't deserve to have even 1% of Ragnarok in it.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Inunah said:

-Choose-able appearance Theres a variety of hair styles, and colors but thats mostly it, and also clothing.
-Choose-able class I dont think i remember since i last played it, but i think there is chooseable classes.
-Pets Not sure, never got far in Jap/Patched one.
-Expansive explorable world You could say that
tongue.gif

-No characters going "OMG You have to do the main storyline. You have to. I'm forcing you to." Im not sure but i think there is some quest counter thing but you dont have to.. but in the beginning part you do a bit.

Because if it doesn't then I think this game is a crap worthless version of Ragnarok that should die. If Ragnarok Online DS doesn't have any of that crap then it doesn't deserve to have even 1% of Ragnarok in it.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
There is one co-op dungeon that you can play on Wifi iirc, but that's all there is to it really.

That sucks then...If there is no kind of multiplayer, then I don't think the game will be really fun. Games with multiplayer is good, but only if it's like teaming up with friends to go on a quest and stuff, etc.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
ZeroEXE93 said:
There is one co-op dungeon that you can play on Wifi iirc, but that's all there is to it really.

That sucks then...If there is no kind of multiplayer, then I don't think the game will be really fun. Games with multiplayer is good, but only if it's like teaming up with friends to go on a quest and stuff, etc.
Or versus, not that I can think of a way to do that in an RPG. By the way what does "IIRC mean?

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Inunah said:

-Choose-able appearance
-Choose-able class
-Pets
-Expansive explorable world
-No characters going "OMG You have to do the main storyline. You have to. I'm forcing you to."

- Yes.
- Yes.
- No.
- Yes.
- Sometimes.

I am r4ymond said:
ZeroEXE93 said:

If you enjoyed playing Ragnarok Online this is still going to be a lot of fun, even though it doesn't have a decent multiplayer. Then again this was a huge nostalgia bomb to me...

QUOTE(haflore @ Jan 19 2010, 01:21 AM)
Or versus, not that I can think of a way to do that in an RPG. By the way what does "IIRC mean?

There was an arena in the Japanese text files which was never implemented, maybe this one will have it.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
So you can choose your gender, general appearance, and class? And there's an expansive world you can explore instead of like touching where you want to be on a map or some shit? And you can ignore the main quest? Sweeeeet.
rolleyes.gif

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Inunah said:
So you can choose your gender, general appearance, and class? And there's an expansive world you can explore instead of like touching where you want to be on a map or some shit? And you can ignore the main quest? Sweeeeet.
rolleyes.gif

You can only choose your gender and appearance in the multiplayer tower but this can be bypassed with cheats. The navigation is pretty much like the real Ragnarok, some maps are even the same. And yeah, you can just do side quests whenever you want instead of doing the main quest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries