Gaming Ragnarok Online DS

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This game needs a thread.
So, who understands moonspeak or just knows how to get this working on Wi-Fi? I kinda wanted to test the multiplayer option.

Dominator

the world end without you
Trophies
Website
www.ipodtutofast.com
XP
Country
France
i just want a fast menu translation
biggrin.gif

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dominator said:
i just want a fast menu translation
biggrin.gif

This =P don't mind the (J) ingame, since i've played the game on PC, but a meny translation, and if possible, menus ingame. Scripts etc, aren't as important. =P

I'm curious as to what classes they have ingame, i know about the 2 new ones, but i heard they only have the 2-1 classes, and not the 2-2.

EDIT: Found the list:

Novice

Swordsman
Mage
Archer
Acolyte
Thief
Merchant
Teakwon Kid

Knight
Wizard
Hunter
Priest
Assassin
Blacksmith
Taekwon Master

DS Exsclusive:

Dark Knight
Shaman

I hope that's not all though, i want me some Crusader. =(

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used to play Ragnarok Online a long time ago, before realizing how all MMO's are just graphical chatrooms with grinding for those who wish to pretend they're playing a game (don't bother replying to this bit since it's just my opinion.), so I thought I'd torment myself by doing the exact same thing, only on the ds.

It took me 15 minutes to get through the intro.
It was like Orwell's Two Minutes of Hate.

Then I was "rewarded" by being allowed to tap a poring to kill it.
Some more TALKING, and then being forced to use your skill to kill it, which was, btw, the BEST skill ever, since it did just as much damage as a regular attack, yet needs a tap on the skill icon followed by a slash across the enemy to activate.

Which I, of course, fvcked up in excess of seven times.
Nope, too fast.
Too fast, retard.
Too fast!
Too slow.
What the hell are you slashing, dirt?

HIT.
Too fast.

You forgot to tap the icon.
MISS.
HIT.

VICTOLY. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Then I deleted the game. This is garbage. (Not to mention that story mode with RO gameplay is just wrong.)
Personally, I wouldn't touch this thing again unless I received money, but If you're the kind of person who just LUUUURVES to play MMORPG's that became outdated 4 years ago... well, have... fun? Or whatever you'd call the emotion grinding gives you.

xCuteBunnyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JDandy said:
I used to play Ragnarok Online a long time ago, before realizing how all MMO's are just graphical chatrooms with grinding for those who wish to pretend they're playing a game (don't bother replying to this bit since it's just my opinion.), so I thought I'd torment myself by doing the exact same thing, only on the ds.

It took me 15 minutes to get through the intro.
It was like Orwell's Two Minutes of Hate.

Then I was "rewarded" by being allowed to tap a poring to kill it.
Some more TALKING, and then being forced to use your skill to kill it, which was, btw, the BEST skill ever, since it did just as much damage as a regular attack, yet needs a tap on the skill icon followed by a slash across the enemy to activate.

Which I, of course, fvcked up in excess of seven times.
Nope, too fast.
Too fast, retard.
Too fast!
Too slow.
What the hell are you slashing, dirt?

HIT.
Too fast.

You forgot to tap the icon.
MISS.
HIT.

VICTOLY. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Then I deleted the game. This is garbage. (Not to mention that story mode with RO gameplay is just wrong.)
Personally, I wouldn't touch this thing again unless I received money, but If you're the kind of person who just LUUUURVES to play MMORPG's that became outdated 4 years ago... well, have... fun? Or whatever you'd call the emotion grinding gives you.

Lol, you played the DS version? How'd you get that info? : O
Anyways, I'm excited for this game. I played RO before then quit, but it was quite fun. I loved the cute porings =D.

Also, will this come out in English?

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xCuteBunnyx said:
Lol, you played the DS version? How'd you get that info? : O
Anyways, I'm excited for this game. I played RO before then quit, but it was quite fun. I loved the cute porings =D.

Also, will this come out in English?

Yes, I played it. The rom got uploaded yesterday. RO itself was more fun than this (what with that actually being an MMO).
There always was something fun about human on human interactions; killing people, stealing their drops, going invis and backstabbing people, making an assassin just to one-shot-kill unsuspecting bypassers etc etc.

The DS version just doesn't have that.

If you really want to play something MMO-like on the DS, go with Summon Night: Twin Age (doesn't have wifi, but it's more fun, overall).

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
No one knows because you have to unlock this feature during story mode, maybe after you get a second job or something.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the WiFi mode is unlocked during the story line though all it conists of is allowing up to 3-4 people play through a single 50 floor dungeon killing monsters and thats all.

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
QUOTE said:
**Wi-Fi**
In order to access the "Wi-Fi dungeons" you must take the southeast exit on the Ant Hell map.
Keep going until you reach the room with 3 NPCs, 2 of which are kafras. Left kafta to save, and right kafra is to customize the appearance of your character (will only be in effect inside the Wi-Fi dungeons, not story mode).
The guy in the center will take you will teleport you to the Wi-Fi dungeons... Which currently seems to be down, since the real release date is on the 18th, the Wi-Fi server is probably not set up yet. However, a full party is not necessary, and you can choose to solo the dungeon if you like (using only your main character) without Wi-Fi.

**Guild Features**
After you create a guild, a storage center becomes available (200 slots).
And, you can recruit new guild members! The recruitment board refreshes every time with a new list of available characters for you to choose from, so if you don't see any character you like, just keep closing and opening the window. There are no penalties!
You can only invite 2 members at the beginning, but I assume that as your guild level increases, you'll be able to add more.
After creating a guild, you can finally customize your party to your liking (main character + 2 characters of your choice).

From Gamefaqs, enjoy faggets.

Anubis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for removing my entire reply mods. You guys do such a great job at moderating
smile.gif

... and by "moderating" I mean "being dicks".

That reply had some important information to people that play this game. But I'll post it again since I'm a good mood:

QUOTE said:
**Wi-Fi**
In order to access the "Wi-Fi dungeons" you must take the southeast exit on the Ant Hell map.
Keep going until you reach the room with 3 NPCs, 2 of which are kafras. Left kafta to save, and right kafra is to customize the appearance of your character (will only be in effect inside the Wi-Fi dungeons, not story mode).
The guy in the center will take you will teleport you to the Wi-Fi dungeons... Which currently seems to be down, since the real release date is on the 18th, the Wi-Fi server is probably not set up yet. However, a full party is not necessary, and you can choose to solo the dungeon if you like (using only your main character) without Wi-Fi.

**Guild Features**
After you create a guild, a storage center becomes available (200 slots).
And, you can recruit new guild members! The recruitment board refreshes every time with a new list of available characters for you to choose from, so if you don't see any character you like, just keep closing and opening the window. There are no penalties!
You can only invite 2 members at the beginning, but I assume that as your guild level increases, you'll be able to add more.
After creating a guild, you can finally customize your party to your liking (main character + 2 characters of your choice).

Also, I've already found the NPC's, there's a friends list, both Wi-Fi and single player dungeons, I'll post my FC later so you guys do the same, I wanna test this out.

Kawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The first ability is good for multi-enemy, the slash is on the area you draw then you can hit two close monsters with a slash, is not the best ability but is the first you have then is very simple.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: No make a patty cake :blink: