Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
elixirdream said:
Omocho said:
I feel the need to translate this game.
The official translation is absolutely morbid.

why do you need the game to be translated?

cos it's in english, this game should be retranslated into engrish, that should make it less morbid
smile.gif
or maybe cos it's in american english and it just doesnt sit well with some Canadian
smileipb2.png

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
mrfatso said:
elixirdream said:
Omocho said:

cos it's in english, this game should be retranslated into engrish, that should make it less morbid
smile.gif
or maybe cos it's in american english and it just doesnt sit well with some Canadian
smileipb2.png

so you are trying to say having the game to be translated to British English aka E version of Ragnarok..

alright, got it then.. sorry for that

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
elixirdream said:
mrfatso said:
elixirdream said:
Omocho said:

smile.gif
smileipb2.png

so you are trying to say having the game to be translated to British English aka E version of Ragnarok..

alright, got it then.. sorry for that

Actually I just want it translated properly.
A lot of things are named wrong. There are also times where text is just wrong. One time I was talking to an NPC and the colour code was broken so it was like WORD
But y'know, less forum codish.
Pretty much just as you go through the game, you notice more and more shit that isn't done right.

The names are annoying me the most, probably since i've played the actual game since open beta ended so i'm kind of picky.

How the f*** did Phreeoni get translated into Frione.....

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the hell!? The official translation is absolutely fine! Unless you're some obsessed fan who can't deal with names and stuff being changed
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
How the f*** did Phreeoni get translated into Frione.....

Okay, I dunno but from an outsider's perspective, Frione seems like a much more sensible spelling in English. UNLESS YOU LIKE ENGRISH, in which case PHREEONI is the way to go. Sigh... just because they change stuff doesn't make it bad :/

QUOTEActually I just want it translated properly.

Yeah, I think your definition of properly varies from mine. Obviously, they want to localize it as well as they can and make it seem normal to eng-speaking people? If a few names and things get changed, nevermind? But again, I dunno...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I guess I just like things done properly.
Most people have shitty standards these days, which is exactly why a game can be released with huge problems, or crappy translations.

It doesn't mean shit to a person who doesn't even know what RO is, but to a dedicated fan it's pretty annoying.

Also what exactly is your use for engrish? I assume you went to urban dictionary and found Engrish one day. Well, read it over again. Engrish is generally used to insult poor grammar, not poor spelling.

Phreeoni and Frione are said the same way. Though, I bet most people playing say it Free-own not Free-own-E. Both words are actually improperly pronounced by english language standards, however since Phreeoni is the proper spelling AND better shows how the name is to be pronounced, it should have stayed the same.
Making Frione more wrong because it provokes an improper pronunciation of the name. Realistically the only difference is one has incorrect spelling, but not incorrect pronunciation of the word. (once you realize who the name is labeling and already have prior knowledge of the real spelling)

I haven't noticed any other improperly spelt names, but would it have been super difficult to call plants, plants? Not grass. Or Familiars called familiars, not bats. (The card is actually proper, just not the monster) No point changing something for no reason.

In terms of properly portraying the game through proper translation, it failed.
In terms of the game still being perfectly playable, it passes.

I'll forgive you for trying to undermine my opinion, hopefully next time you'll be more careful with who you tango with.
But alas, i'm done with this thread. I don't feel like arguing my day away just to tell idiots they're wrong. (because idiots tend to not be able to understand when they're wrong, and thus keep arguing)

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neku_Sakuraba said:
drangom13 said:
Ragnarok DS (U) will be released before the date like Zelda?

I like this game, is SO good!

hate2.gif
It is already out just GOOGLE IT!
Em..you do realise that post is from before the game came out, right?
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, really enjoying this one, it's gonna stay with me for a long long time.

carriersummoner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha, 12 unskippable and uninteresting cutscenes through the game and my file is erased. (The SAV file is still there though.)

Also had this happen with Glory of Heracles.

LOOKS LIKE I HAVE TO ENDURE 12 MORE UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES.

I have the worst luck.

MegamanSPX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^
Same problem here. I'm now a Knight with a messed up skill tree, I want to restart but I don't want to endure the 15 minute cutscenes all over again!

Yusuky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Omocho said:
Most people have shitty standards these days, which is exactly why a game can be released with huge problems, or crappy translations.

It doesn't mean shit to a person who doesn't even know what RO is, but to a dedicated fan it's pretty annoying.

Also what exactly is your use for engrish? I assume you went to urban dictionary and found Engrish one day. Well, read it over again. Engrish is generally used to insult poor grammar, not poor spelling.

Phreeoni and Frione are said the same way. Though, I bet most people playing say it Free-own not Free-own-E. Both words are actually improperly pronounced by english language standards, however since Phreeoni is the proper spelling AND better shows how the name is to be pronounced, it should have stayed the same.
Making Frione more wrong because it provokes an improper pronunciation of the name. Realistically the only difference is one has incorrect spelling, but not incorrect pronunciation of the word. (once you realize who the name is labeling and already have prior knowledge of the real spelling)

I haven't noticed any other improperly spelt names, but would it have been super difficult to call plants, plants? Not grass. Or Familiars called familiars, not bats. (The card is actually proper, just not the monster) No point changing something for no reason.

I'll forgive you for trying to undermine my opinion, hopefully next time you'll be more careful with who you tango with.
But alas, i'm done with this thread. I don't feel like arguing my day away just to tell idiots they're wrong. (because idiots tend to not be able to understand when they're wrong, and thus keep arguing)

I think that what u just said is so... bah.

The translation from japanese to romanese is done so the spelling continues the same, AND the game is originally korean, so the translation was like this:

korea > japan > usa

you should stop crying so you could pay attention to the things.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yusuky said:
Omocho said:

I think that what u just said is so... bah.

The translation from japanese to romanese is done so the spelling continues the same, AND the game is originally korean, so the translation was like this:

korea > japan > usa

you should stop crying so you could pay attention to the things.

I'm not an idiot, I'm just stating that you were being much too harsh to a translation that doesn't TECHNICALLY have anything wrong with it.

Sure, if you are a fan of RO then I understand that, and I'm not trying to argue :/ I just disagree with what you mean by PROPERLY.

You don't think it was done PROPERLY just because it doesnt match exactly what you wanted! The company makes decisions for a reason, so most people would consider it a "properly done" translation.

Ok. Thats it.

Edit: I was replying to the first guy btw. Also, I dont think the game is TOO bad once you get past the intro/tutorial. Obviously can't match a fully-featured MMORPG, but what can you expect from DS GAMES?!?!

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Err-Ds games can be really good, mind you.

Anyway, is this game fun?
I don't know if I should try this - My sd card is already ful because of Exceed...

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
isabelyes said:
Err-Ds games can be really good, mind you.

Anyway, is this game fun?
I don't know if I should try this - My sd card is already ful because of Exceed...

Lol I agree that DS games can be great!

The game is pretty fun, if you don't mind grinding
tongue.gif
You could give it a try

Just a warning though: there is a very long intro/tutorial, so it might be dull at first...

QUOTEsomehow mine is stuck every 30 minutes

Stuck? What do u mean o_o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Was just one single custom packet. I miss when Internet security was an afterthought lol almost all modems and network hardware operated in promiscuous mode.
    Now these days they do sanity checks.... The source IP can't also be the destination IP lol
    They did end up using some of my stuff in the first Gulf war though lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST COMMENTED A YOUR MOM JOKE ON A GACHA YT COMMUNITY POST (the algorithm has cursed me in terms of community posts, bc I fuck around on that sort of community post, just commenting and being a jackass)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT FELT SO GOOD
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the OP made a couple vocaloid characters, and the post had the caption "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: they're from vocaloid"
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    to which I responded:
    "Guess who I did 💙💛❤️

hint: it's uremum"
    +1
    I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some awesome pranks but I'm afraid to test them lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I studied IPV6 if they hadn't passed the cyber terrorism laws omg.... In theory I have some...