Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
32747-segaward.jpg

Retro gamers have never been able to brag about their skills, well aside from their circle of friends with similar gaming interests. All of that is about to change thanks to Retro Achievements, a Web site dedicated to emulation and achievement trophies. The site currently supports a modified versions of the GENs emulator, with more retro systems to follow. This project is still very much a work in progress, and the community can speak up to comment on which games and achievements they would like to see implemented. Head on over to the homepage, via the link below, to get started.

:download: RAGens v0.030 BETA
:arrow: Homepage
:arrow: Retro Achievements WIKI Article

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the most utterly pointless feature for an emulator you can possibly imagine? Those games aren't made with achievements in mind, so why the heck would you go around and make achievements for them anyways?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Am I the only one who thinks this is one of the most utterly pointless feature for an emulator you can possibly imagine? Those games aren't made with achievements in mind, so why the heck would you go around and make achievements for them anyways?
I really don't like this achievement stuff, but people have a real interest on that. So for me as player, it is pointless, but if it bring players to emulation, it is somewhat good.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never been able to brag?

Did I dream the take a photo of the completion time and post it to a magazine phase of life?

[obligatory pah trophments comment]

Reactions: NahuelDS

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Well depending on how much the person who made the achievements cared, you can detect some pretty interesting stuff by just checking for certain values. Like you can check if somebody reached a certain place by adding in a check in the game RAM for a certain level and coordinates, or with some simple scripting check to see if a player did some action 3 times in a row without getting hit, etc.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one think it's awesome!! I am more of an "old school" gamer but my buddies and I can't brag about one-upping each other in an older game (with proof) like you can on say, xbox live. I'm also into building "mame arcades" which typically include older console emulators as well. This is a nice feature to be able to add in to that kind of setup.

... Now if they would only add the ability to play multiplayer games online (like kaillera or MAMEHub).

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's the same as with modern games.... cool and pointless ;)

btw... that pic of senna is awesome
now I feel the urgent need of playing Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP II

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-