Rage 2 confirmed after trailer leak

In perhaps one of the wildest ways of seeing a game get announced, Rage 2 has been unofficially confirmed due to an ad playing a trailer a bit too early. A company press release will go out later today, likely confirming the game's existence. The ordeal started when Walmart Canada accidentally leaked a group of video games on their site. It was a mix of random misspelled games, things that were already confirmed, and a few unexpected titles. One of which was Rage 2, made by Bethesda. Once the leak got publicized, Bethesda took to joking about Walmart, and then making obvious teases on the official Rage Twitter account, giving credence to a sequel actually being real.

With this one being proven right, what do you think of the other leaked games? Are they real as well?

EDIT: Bethesda has now officially confirmed the game.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1st one so mediocre. Shooting is fun, but if compaing will be again so plotless and short, it won't be worth the id name.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean it was pretty obvious after the huge marketing push they had recently. But it was a pretty cool thing, especially the walmart leak thing. Wonder if they payed them lol

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can’t really say accidentally anymore...Canada Walmart has done this ‘leak’ several years in a row, just a few weeks before E3. An annual stunt to drive up E3 hype and pre-order sells. By now we know the list has a 1/8 to 1/2 of real titles each year.

Reactions: Zense

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trailer makes it look like Bethesda is going to start selling post apocalypse themed clothing to beat the rush towards the end of all civilization.

That thought honestly has me more interested in RAGE 2 given that the first game kind of sucked.

Reactions: lytro

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Honestly, all the leaks turns me off and this gaming industry has been so congested of these kind of propaganda.

Its like hearing dozens of mixed fake and legit leaks about your favorite movie called E3 and you are there sitting, just waiting to confirm which is true and not. The excitement of seeing it for the first time is gone.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
honestly, all of this marketing cant convince me, i need to see gameplay to be convinced, this game has been in development just like DOOM, so im not sure to trust it

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
honestly, all of this marketing cant convince me, i need to see gameplay to be convinced, this game has been in development just like DOOM, so im not sure to trust it
DOOM was spectacular, if it's at least half as good as that, it'll be good enough. I somehow doubt that it will given the source material. If there was a time to release Rage 2 at all, it was when Fury Road was all the rage (pun intended), now it's a little late for that.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
This was fairly obvious given the earlier leaks and Bethesda's own replies to them. But honestly, all I wanna know is if Bethesda Game Studios finally has a new game ready. It's been 3 years since Fallout 4 and 7 years since Skyrim. It's getting to be around that time.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know much about the first one and this trailer doesn't give any idea about gameplay, so not hyped. That said, I'm pretty sure a lot of people are looking forward to this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea