Rage 2 confirmed after trailer leak

In perhaps one of the wildest ways of seeing a game get announced, Rage 2 has been unofficially confirmed due to an ad playing a trailer a bit too early. A company press release will go out later today, likely confirming the game's existence. The ordeal started when Walmart Canada accidentally leaked a group of video games on their site. It was a mix of random misspelled games, things that were already confirmed, and a few unexpected titles. One of which was Rage 2, made by Bethesda. Once the leak got publicized, Bethesda took to joking about Walmart, and then making obvious teases on the official Rage Twitter account, giving credence to a sequel actually being real.

With this one being proven right, what do you think of the other leaked games? Are they real as well?

EDIT: Bethesda has now officially confirmed the game.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm not overly surprised it's getting a sequel (cuz Bethesda has been basically saying "yeah we'll probably do a Rage 2" for years), but I am surprised that Bethesda would think many people want one, or that it's some big deal release. First one was...interesting. It felt very generic, not great but also not awful. Just one of those games that doesn't do anything new, but also didn't do anything overly wrong.

I'll probably play the second one though, cuz I at least moderately enjoyed the first game.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not overly surprised it's getting a sequel (cuz Bethesda has been basically saying "yeah we'll probably do a Rage 2" for years), but I am surprised that Bethesda would think many people want one, or that it's some big deal release. First one was...interesting. It felt very generic, not great but also not awful. Just one of those games that doesn't do anything new, but also didn't do anything overly wrong.

I'll probably play the second one though, cuz I at least moderately enjoyed the first game.
bethesda doesnt make RAGE and they never said anything about it, its always been iD software, the whole reason why it was hyped is because it was an iD software game :/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
bethesda doesnt make RAGE and they never said anything about it, its always been iD software, the whole reason why it was hyped is because it was an iD software game :/
It's published by Bethesda, and (AFAIK) the IP is owned by Bethesda. The trailer in the OP was released by Bethesda.

Yes, ID developed it, but Bethesda owns it.

EDIT: Also, ID is owned by Zenimax, who also owns Bethesda, so it's pretty much all of the same.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's published by Bethesda, and (AFAIK) the IP is owned by Bethesda. The trailer in the OP was released by Bethesda.

Yes, ID developed it, but Bethesda owns it.

EDIT: Also, ID is owned by Zenimax, who also owns Bethesda, so it's pretty much all of the same.
yeah right, and EA makes titanfall, thats not how the world works dude, devs make the games, not publishers, dont give corporate any credit for the artists's job

JiveTheTurkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, all the leaks turns me off and this gaming industry has been so congested of these kind of propaganda.

Its like hearing dozens of mixed fake and legit leaks about your favorite movie called E3 and you are there sitting, just waiting to confirm which is true and not. The excitement of seeing it for the first time is gone.
Yeah the last time I got excited about the Smash Bros reveal. Aside from that, the last time before was when I saw the PS3 come out in the late '00s.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
yeah right, and EA makes titanfall, thats not how the world works dude, devs make the games, not publishers, dont give corporate any credit for the artists's job
...wut? That is how the world works. The IP is owned by Bethesda, ID can't just go and make a sequel to a game they don't own the IP for, not without permission from the owner of the IP...which is Bethesda.

Yes, ID developed the game, but they have 0 say in whether or not a sequel would be produced, that's all up to Bethesda because they own RAGE.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
...wut? That is how the world works. The IP is owned by Bethesda, ID can't just go and make a sequel to a game they don't own the IP for, not without permission from the owner of the IP...which is Bethesda.

Yes, ID developed the game, but they have 0 say in whether or not a sequel would be produced, that's all up to Bethesda because they own RAGE.
wrong again, iD owned the IP and then they were bought by zenimax, the original RAGE was supposed to be published by EA originally, infact, iD were the ones to push this project, they've been saying that after the release of doom 4 there would be a rage 2 since 2013, not all companies are EA and activision, they acutally let the companies that they buy do their thing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, boring wannabe mad max has become a better sequel to Borderlands 1 than Borderlands 2 but will still probably suck
fuck off bethesda give me prey 2 already

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls +1