Hacking Rabbids go home compatibility

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the release thread there seemed to be conflicting info about whether or not this game works.
Anyway here is my experience
- with latest akaio and loaders i can get this working one 1 out of 2 of my memory cards.(probably on earlier versions too as updated all during trying to get work)
working card, adata 4gb class 6
non working, sandisk 2gb (slower verfified by cfbench) (other games on it fine)
I have 2 ak2 in family and the above memory cards.
have eliminated the ak2s by swapping the mem cards and afaik akaio version, loaders and settings are identical as i copied all data from working to non working.
can the thing stopping it play on the sandisk be the speed of the card?
anyone got it working on slow cards/fast cards (and maybe have cfbench speeds)?

btw could they use this as some sort of AP? measure speed of save creation on a cart and if too slow then fail to work? i assume its faster on a retail cart than via a memory card in flash cart but not sure.

anyway thanks in advance, minor thing but its annoying me so hoped someone had an answer.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've no idea what cfbench is, but i've tried it on a 8GB class 4 which gets write speeds of 8.5MB/s+ and it worked fine. I also tried it on an old 256MB I had lying around and it worked fine on that too, when copying the file in Windows explorer write speed peaked at 3MB/s which puts it at class 2.

I would check the CRC of the rom on the class 2 card, the CRC of mine is 3431260B.

Also make sure you haven't trimmed the ROM, every DSi enchanced ROM i've trimmed (with NDSTokyoTrim) has resulted in load errors. AKAIO can trim the ROM itself when it copies or moves them if it's enabled in the options, so it could have been unintentionally trimmed.

Copy the contents back from each card to a different directory on your PC, then verify the CRC of both roms are identical. It could have easily corrupted when you copied it to the slower card. Quickpar is perfect for the job.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rommy667 said:
Its because its a dsi ONLY game no cart can run em atm.......
AH! now i feel stupid..

tk_saturn,
cfbench is some homebrew speed tester for mem cards i guess like hdtach on pc.
measures random access times, and sequential access for 3 different size chunks.
http://www.pineight.com/gba/
(speed tester for libfat)
the roms are trimmed (tokyotrim) and i recopied the game from adata to sandisk at same time as loader etc so should be the same but i'll check the crc.
tbh feel a bit dumb for not trying clean rom, am so used to trimming and everything working, so will have a look there too thanks.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jabjab said:
rommy667 said:
AH! now i feel stupid..

tk_saturn,
measures random access times, and sequential access for 3 different size chunks.
the roms are trimmed (tokyotrim) and i recopied the game from adata to sandisk at same time as loader etc so should be the same but i'll check the crc.
tbh feel a bit dumb for not trying clean rom, am so used to trimming and everything working, so will have a look there too thanks.

I initally had problems with this on the card with 8MB/s write speeds, it white screened at the langauge selection screen and that was because the ROM was trimmed, with a clean rom it worked fine. It's only the trimmed DSi enhanced games I have issues with, WiFi games etc are fine.

You can also use http://beeblebrox.org/ to get the CRC, it adds a file hashes tab to Windows Explorer

cfbench says the read speed on this 256MB card which runs Rabbids Go Home fine (but slowly) are:
Sequential 512 B : Avg 304 µs
Sequential 4 KB : Avg 2801 µs
Sequential 16 KB : Avg 11512 µs (1.357 MB/s)

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
jabjab said:
rommy667 said:
AH! now i feel stupid..

tk_saturn,

I initally had problems with this on the card with 8MB/s write speeds, it white screened at the langauge selection screen and that was because the ROM was trimmed, with a clean rom it worked fine. It's only the trimmed DSi enhanced games I have issues with, WiFi games etc are fine.

You can also use http://beeblebrox.org/ to get the CRC, it adds a file hashes tab to Windows Explorer
using the beetlebrox jobby, the 2 trimmed roms are the same D1A153B7 with crc32 check and clean being DBB1B2CD
well, you were right, clean rom works so far on the slow card.
guess i am so used to trimming automatically when unraring and using dma modes that i skipped the most basic thing of all
still weird the 2 identical trimmed didn't either both work or both fail but at least i will be able to sleep tonight
smile.gif

thanks alot.

edit: speeds for the adata were
Sequential 512 B : Avg 202 µs
Sequential 4 KB : Avg 1549 µs
Sequential 16 KB : Avg 6179 µs
Random 512 B : Avg 391 µs
Random 4 KB : Avg 1588 µs
Random 16 KB :Avg 6196 µs

sandisk were a lot higher, cant remember off the top of my head and cant check as its back in business
smile.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No worries. I imagine it's going to catch a few people out especially as the number of DSi enhanced releases go up. Most of the trimming tools don't seem to have been updated like they were with the WiFi trimming issues.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This game has a speed related AP measure if the card reads take too long or are too fast it detects it as a fail and as such it must be being pirated, I fixed that in 1.5.1 or 1.5 iirc to always pass.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
This game has a speed related AP measure if the card reads take too long or are too fast it detects it as a fail and as such it must be being pirated, I fixed that in 1.5.1 or 1.5 iirc to always pass.
hmm so the faster adata card was perhaps passing this naturally? then the slower only able to once your fix was applied on updating both?
still unsure why one works clean only and one works trimmed but im happy both are now working.
thanks again tk_saturn for help and normmatt for akaio fixes
smile.gif

edit: on the other hand bookworm doesn't work any more for me now
smile.gif

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i saw about the arm7 fix in release thread but it was working as just a plain old trimmed rom before the updating of everything. Think was using 'x' mode.
Will maybe try arm7 when i get time again. thanks.
arm7 did the trick
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: