Hacking R4ULTRA = Acekard Clone? (Need help on getting a better firmware!)

suddenstrike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its kind of inconsiderate of me to ask for so much considering its my first post.

But I really have no idea what to do with my r4ultra, its so.....featureless.

Problem started when I decided to get an r4 for cheap from dx without actually doing any research.
Then when I finally get it, I find out I cant directly copy the files from my previous r4 (which I assume was real/or at least a r4 clone) card.
Firmware turns out to be diff, which really bothers me because all I knew about r4s was the orginal makers were gone and there were a billion r4 clones...which I thought were supposed to work the exact same.

After some reading around from the forums here.....it seems to me that the r4ultra is an clone of the acekard2? Which is why I decided to post here.
So I have a clone of a acekard that uses a "custom" firmware that is inferior to the ones that exist....
wacko.gif

Anyways so now I cant even have anything aside from the most basic of functions working,

1. cheats dont seem to be able to load, without any files it seems to load from somewhere else and its displayed in chinese.
2. I cant directly boot into the akaio firmware or the ysmenu(I tried both r4 and ak versions)
It seems be able to load as an nds file after booting into the r4ultra menu first though.

I'm really hoping there is someway to not use the r4ultra menu/firmware is there any way to bypass it?
Its anooying me so bad that I have to use it to gain access to the awesome menu i wanted to use in the first place.

Any information/help is much appreciated!!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
seriously, do consider get yourself a new flash card such as ak2!
it is pretty cheap from DX
smile.gif

by the way did you download the latest firmware from the site

well i believed you used the firmware bundle cheat file! of course it would be in chinese~! since it is made in china
smile.gif

try this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154076

EDIT: do forget the idea of booting AKAIO on a clone!

suddenstrike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really should of, only reason why I did get an r4 is because everyone else seemed to have only an r4 and I had only heard of an r4 myself.
Considering how much trouble im going through now.....and considering that the acekard cost the same as the $#*$)#( r4ultra.... I REALLY SHOULD OF!

I did download the newest firmware from their website, and I'm aware of cheats.gbatemp.net as a source for getting the database.
Doesnt work for me. Loading akaio after loading the r4ultra menu...cheats detect.

I'm just hoping there is some people out there who pity my situation and can help me out on this problem.

From what I understand, every bloody cardmaker group likes to lock out every other firmware cause they like to ensure that you are stuck with their piece of crap firmware.
But I understand that at least for the r4 clones, there is a way to decrypt it and have ysmenu running on it.

Unfortunately thats about all I understand and I do not have any skill at all when it comes to this.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Keep in mind that future updates of AKAIO could/will be locking out AK2 clones!

Here's how to get AKAIO running on your R4-Ultra (Works also for R4i-Ultra)
- As far as i know, this is the only way to get AKAIO running on your R4-Ultra (i'm not a big fan of Ysmenu
biggrin.gif
)

- Place your R4-Ultra / R4i-Ultra firmware on the TF (used 1.52, but 1.54 should also work i think (not tested))
- Place AKAIO 1.4.1 proper also on the TF

r4iu-14.jpg

Cheats
- Place "USRCHEAT.DAT" in the directory "\__aio\cheats\"

Booting (this step you have to do everytime again to run AKAIO)
- Start your DS
- In the R4-Ultra / R4i-Ultra menu start akmenu4.nds

r4iu-23.jpg
r4iu-24.jpg

you should now be a lucky R4-Ultra / R4i-Ultra owner, running AKAIO 1.4.1 (proper) with all the benefits from AKAIO..

r4iu-25.jpg
r4iu-26.jpg

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I don't blame you for getting r4 clones but as mentioned AKAIO doesn't support clones
smile.gif

i am not sure where did you obtain your yasumenu for ak
smile.gif

if thats a proper yasumenu and it doesn't boot on your r4ultra~!
then i am sorry
frown.gif

suddenstrike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN:
I'm aware of the method of booting into the akaio and ysmenu after going into the r4ultra menu.
and it anooys me to no end that I have to still boot from the damn r4ultra menu to get to that fine fine awesome thing that is akaio

LOCKING OUT CLONESSS!? NOooooooooooooooo Then Ill seriously be considering getting an acekard then. I'm already considering getting one from this mess, but it just takes quite some time to get stuff shipped from dx

Are there any other place that take paypal and have good prices? lmk!

elixirdream:
for ysmenu I just ran the automatic batch making thingy for the people who cant using cmd line which I found here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=103878

suddenstrike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now the best ive managed to do is to have it replace the moonshell app, but its still kind of a indirect way to access what I want.

Hopawarty

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
akaio already blocks the r4 clones. as of v1.5 you will not be able to use it. spend the 12 bucks and get an ak2.1 =P.

-another world

1.5 isn't out yet is it?
But i cannot wait.
I'd like to see more features rarther then fixes at the moment

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopawarty said:
Another World said:
akaio already blocks the r4 clones. as of v1.5 you will not be able to use it. spend the 12 bucks and get an ak2.1 =P.

-another world

1.5 isn't out yet is it?
But i cannot wait.
I'd like to see more features rarther then fixes at the moment
No it's not, he just means 1.5 will be totally unusable on anything over than an Acekard. God damn R4 rip offs.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suddenstrike said:
LOCKING OUT CLONESSS!? NOooooooooooooooo Then Ill seriously be considering getting an acekard then. I'm already considering getting one from this mess, but it just takes quite some time to get stuff shipped from dx

Don't be so sad... Locking out clones is a good thing. If everyone was able to use AKAIO freely on any Clone flashcart. Then Acekard will lose customers and sales. And maybe Normmatt & Smith will stop developing AKAIO. Consider now you can get these carts pretty cheap via DX. And anways, Clones will never be better than the real thing. XD Go buy Acekard 2 2.1.. you won't be dissapointed. =)

suddenstrike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ya I guess I will end up getting one, I'm going to h.k soon anyways so shipping from dx should only take a few days!

Btw cheats dont seem to be working in akaio on the r4ultra...any idea why?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Scroll up and you'll see a big flashing bannar saying "Notice to all R4 and R4 clone users". Click it. Horay reading.

suddenstrike

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is there to read? Mines not a r4 or an r4 clone....
I have read it, when I thought my r4ultra was an r4.

Btw anyone know if the acekard sold on dx are actually real acekards?
I want to get an Acekard 2i AK2i from there but im going to be royally pissed if its another clone.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
suddenstrike said:
Btw anyone know if the acekard sold on dx are actually real acekards?

there are no fake/clone acekards. the r4 crap cards use parts of the acekard design but they are not advertised as acekart, acekerd or something. there were a few batches of dstt and edge cards with acekard 2.1 stickers. this was a shipping mistake.

-another world

chintendox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So..... Your saying people can run the R4i Ultra firmware on the Acekard 2i??? LOL? thats sad. But I really wanna know if its possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am super blessed 2 fiber runs to my house with competing companies lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lucky, I can't get yet in my hood
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got one friend that can't get fiber four houses down because of city lines
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Would be like $400 for them to install it
    Technically for a month there I had Frontier FIOS 500Mbps and Spectrum 1Gbps (they got me on Spectrum because it was a little cheaper for double the speed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    840 dollars after 10 years
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope I can be rich enough to pay all bills annually someday
    +2
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts