R4ISDHC is a clone of ???

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by faarys, Nov 17, 2010.

1. faarys
    OP

faarys Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2010
    Malaysia
    Topic XD...this is my R4i flashcart website R4iSDHC website
    I just want to know this card is a clone of what card.....My R4i is an Original R4iSDHC not gold or V2.0 edition

One more Question...Can I get this flashcart to run YSMenu???

2. Kwigg

Kwigg GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2010
    Lancashire
    It's a DSTT clone
    Yes, you will

3. CalamityDjenn

CalamityDjenn GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2010
    France
    Quimperlé
    Have a look on your kernel structure, you should be able to find what do your files.
    If it is a DSTT clone, you should find which R4 files' are DSTT's.

Exemple

4. faarys
    OP

faarys Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2010
    Malaysia
    hmm in My kernel system(R4iMenu folder) only have:
    Skin folder,
    Demonrst.dat,
    GAMEINFO.dat
    language.dat,
    language.ini,
    R4iLoader.dat,
    savlib.dat,
    system(Font files)

5. xabby666

xabby666 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2010
    Italy
    I don't know if i can post here an experimental firmware for this card. If i can i will do. It's a dstt derivate that match with CalamityDjenn workaround updated with the latest revisions dated November 18. I can't try this before tomorrow, but if you want....

6. CalamityDjenn

Nov 7, 2010
    France
    Quimperlé
    @xabby666 : I would like to get your experimental firmware when you would make it, so please, upload it when it is ready and post it on my topic, I would upload the tutorial for this branch of DSTT clones.
    Thanks in advance!

@faarys : your system structure is a bit different because some DSTT files don't get their "clone" directly in your kernel. I guess there are few files with two or more DSTT files data inside. But this means they have re-coded the DSTT kernel with their system structure to match the card's firmware they use.

But you can still do some tests, you can update savlib.dat and GAMEINFO.dat (=infolib.dat) with Retrogamefan's.

What is missing is informations about R4.dat, R4iLoader.dat and the map.bin files (the third is present in some R4i-SDHC Kernel, like v1.27b). Seems these files get more data than originals, they could have been mixed with other files (R4patch.dat or ttpatch.dat, etc...)

7. faarys
    OP

faarys Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2010
    Malaysia
    how about extinfo?.. extinfo important to fix new games right? huuu guess I should test some files XD

8. CalamityDjenn

Nov 7, 2010
    France
    Quimperlé
    Try xabby666's modified kernel : Here

9. Moncicci

Moncicci Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2010
    San Marino
    London
    I put the dstt menu 1.18 kernel as secondary and replaced the files inside the folder dat ttmenu