Hacking R4IDS Gold Deluxe - 'Profile mode' / Game selection

johnybjb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quite often after powering on the device and going through the profile bit to put the unit in 'special mode' it crashed and doesnt go back to the menu screen. Is this just expected behaviour or is there anything I can try?

Once in that mode:-
(a) If I 'select' without the card in place - the machine crashes with card not found - again is this expected behaviour?
(b) After playing and exiting out of one game (home, close) - I try to select another game but it doesnt show up - just stays the same icon for a while or shows no game... How are you meant to select another game without powering down the system (or is this not possible)

Cheers

Zamzummin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
B) Release the currently selected game by loading the multirom menu (select) then press B.

To add to this, sometimes you need to do the above then move to another icon on the home screen and load a new ROM from there. It is kind of erratic, just keep trying and eventually you'll get it to load another ROM. It seems the multi-ROM menu on R4 isn't perfect.

As for the initial questions: I haven't had the R4 freeze on loading the DS Profile exploit yet on FW 4.0B2, but it used to do it very often on older firmwares. It might still do it on 4.0B2, I just haven't experienced it myself (maybe luck). [Edit: I just did 20 consecutive DS Profile exploit loads trying to test some new VC games and it did not freeze one single time. If yours keeps freezing, you might want to try installing the exploit against using the Blue cart.]

Pressing Select without the R4 card in shouldn't crash the system. It should just pop up a message saying "R4 card not found." You should be able to pop it in and hit Select again to have all of your games show up as normal. This shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you remember to have the R4 in at all times. You never really need to take it out except in the case that you need to play a retail game or maybe use the other R4 card to play NDS games.

Reactions: johnybjb

BestR4i3DS.com

Trophies
Website
www.New3DSCard.com
XP
Country
United States
because we test each r4i gold 3ds deluxe card before shipping.
when after the DS profile setting, some blue cards crashed and really can't return the home screen.
and the top and bottom screen shows colorful lines.

For this problem, just take off your blue card and memory card, re-insert to 3DS, re-run 3DS setup,
95% can solve the problem.
If it is not effective for you, maybe it is a broken blue card.

johnybjb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone for the replies. Game selection bit is working (ie Select, 'B'), tried re-applying the exploit but still crashed with no card and occasionally crashed when trying to enable 'special mode' Maybe I've just got a dodgy card. Cheers anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in