TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys,

I bought my R4i V1.4 www .r4igold.cn a year ago for my DSi XL and the seller had set up the card for me initially.

I can only describe what I see, but when I boot up my DS, I am prompted to the normal screen, but my cartridge has been setup to show my R4 as a game (Star Wars). The guy explained that this was necessary to let the card work properly.

I have had my roms work without a hitch up until I tried playing a few of the new, big name games (999, sonic colors, Golden Sun).

So I have been researching this site since I used it for my original DS with a DSTT a few years back.

So far I found:

Golden Sun fix specific
http://gbatemp.net/t268844-golden-sun-dark...ded-for-r4-sdhc?

How to play new games in R4 clones
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=113&t=264123

RetroGameFan Updates/Releases, For DSTT/i, R4/i SHDC (from www.r4i-sdhc.com) and M3 Users
http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases?

I tried formatting my SD card, then placing the contents from my 3rd link above: "R4/i-SDHC TTMenu v6.44" then "R4 Clone YSMenu v6.44" separately and formatted between each time. Both times I placed the contents on my card I booted up my DS to see the same "Star Wars" cartridge for my R4, then when I click it I get a white frozen screen.

I have since tried a few other packets from that 3rd link but they all produce a white screen, I have also tried placing my backup firmware from before I started fiddling around but that is also coming up as a white screen.

Does anyone recognize my problem? My goal is to be able to play modern games and I have no preference on which menu/program does this for me.

Thanks alot in advance,
Cman

salnaruto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you have R4ids with r4ids.cn, you should try wood 1.21. You can download the file from their site. try it.

TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
salnaruto2 said:
Since you have R4ids with r4ids.cn, you should try wood 1.21. You can download the file from their site. try it.

is r4ids.cn the same as my r4igold.cn ?

Is there a way that I can just do the wood 1.21 or whichever the best program is all from scratch?

I know my card has some info on it since it always keeps itself named as a game (StarWars in my case), so is there some sort of identifier or something that I need to match up with on my SD card to make them match eachother?

salnaruto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wood v1.21 are file needed to works with R4i gold. The only thing you have to do is place it inside the TF card (sd card).
The fact that it shows Star Wars when you start your ds has nothing to o with play roms.

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
TSXCman said:
I bought my R4i V1.4 www .r4igold.cn a year ago for my DSi XL and the seller had set up the card for me initially.

QUOTE(salnaruto2 @ Jan 7 2011, 01:11 AM) Since you have R4ids with r4ids.cn, you should try wood 1.21. You can download the file from their site. try it.
No he doesnt have R4ids from r4ids.cn, so i don't think Wood 1.21 would work

TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
45gc said:

they are different websites. on one of the original links i was looking at it said i could try the DSTT/YsMenu if i renamed the one file to iLL.iL

the r4igold.cn website provides their most up to date file which is packaged in a file called ENG, which contains several files including something already renamed iLL.iL . but my DS is frozen on a white screen when i click on the game icon

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
TSXCman said:
45gc said:

they are different websites. on one of the original links i was looking at it said i could try the DSTT/YsMenu if i renamed the one file to iLL.iL

the r4igold.cn website provides their most up to date file which is packaged in a file called ENG, which contains several files including something already renamed iLL.iL . but my DS is frozen on a white screen when i click on the game icon
Yes you should try getting ysmenu to work then
1.Download the latest official kernal from the website on your card
2.Put the official kernal on your micro sd
3.Download ysmenu for DSTT
4.Extract and copy ysmenu to micro sd
5.Delete existing iLL.iL and rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL
6.Put micro sd back into the card and test on DS

TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
45gc said:
TSXCman said:
45gc said:

Yes you should try getting ysmenu to work then
1.Download the latest official kernal from the website on your card
2.Put the official kernal on your micro sd
3.Download ysmenu for DSTT
4.Extract and copy ysmenu to micro sd
5.Delete existing iLL.iL and rename TTMenu.dat to iLL.iL
6.Put micro sd back into the card and test on DS

1 sec. i will try this, looks promising

site got laggy, got the multi post

TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
salnaruto2 said:
I think you got a white screen because you used the wrong files. It were the file that said R4i gold.
Here's a link to R4i gold wood
http://filetrip.net/g35130127-Wood-R4-for-...ld-(R4iDS).html

I tried that file. but I am open to do everything again.

should i format then just empty the wood contents into my SD then boot up,

OR put on the kernal from r4igold.cn, THEN empty the contents in?

could someone try DLing the file from r4igold.cn and see if you recognize the contents, its very different than the suggests files so far

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry about the mutipost (i refreshed the page multiple times from a bad gateway error, didnt think my post were posted)
anyway since that didnt work,you could try following the same instructions i wrote but instead this time use TTMenu for DSTT instead of ysmenu

TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
45gc said:
sorry about the mutipost (i refreshed the page multiple times from a bad gateway error, didnt think my post were posted)
anyway since that didnt work,you could try following the same instructions i wrote but instead this time use TTMenu for DSTT instead of ysmenu

what is the ysmenu exactly. even the ysmenu links just contain the DSTT files

TSXCman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I look at the content from your original instructions compared to this new link they have the exact same files inside, except the zip file has a slightly different number on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...