Hacking R4i upgrade revolution (r4i-sdhc.com)

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to fix it for a kid who claims he deleted a file by accident and it refused to work after. So I checked the sd card, found nothing was wrong with it. so I reformat and update the firmware. When I turn on my ds, it tells me to "Please upgrade the hardware to support latest firmware." I've been trying to fix this for a week now. Help please?

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Moke_moke said:
I'm trying to fix it for a kid who claims he deleted a file by accident and it refused to work after. So I checked the sd card, found nothing was wrong with it. so I reformat and update the firmware. When I turn on my ds, it tells me to "Please upgrade the hardware to support latest firmware." I've been trying to fix this for a week now. Help please?

Did you make a backup copy of the past firmware? Because on the download site it's stated that, as the "R4 Upgrade" and the "R4i 1.4" are updatable to 1.15b, the "R4i Upgrade" are still topped at 1.09b ...

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes I have a backup copy of the past firmware. It's a R4i with no 1.4 sticker and it says (for ndsi/ndsl/nds). the kid was playing it on a ds lite.

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded 1.09 from linfox domain. but after I loaded the 1.09b firmware and turned on the ds, it told me it was a fake card. xD

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Moke_moke said:
I downloaded 1.09 from linfox domain. but after I loaded the 1.09b firmware and turned on the ds, it told me it was a fake card. xD

Did you try it straight by the site printed on the sticker? They may differ greatly.
Has the "backupped" firmware a version.txt?
Which file says it's missing?

h8isgr8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you download it from linfox and not directly from r4i-sdhc.com?

The R4.dat from linfox has a different CRC then the one from r4i site.

Try the version directly from their site.....

www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4i%20English%20V1.09b.rar

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PhoenixT said:
Moke_moke said:

Did you try it straight by the site printed on the sticker? They may differ greatly.
Has the "backupped" firmware a version.txt?
Which file says it's missing?

I went to the site there in the first place but the downloads take forever. So I'll try it again and see if it works.

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Moke_moke said:
I went to the site there in the first place but the downloads take forever. So I'll try it again and see if it works.

As someone just said you, some repository tend to have corrupted/mismatching roms.
Then, the whole "R4" family is made by really different clone-cards made copying every other card else. For example, my two-and-half years old R4, that refers to the same site of your friend's, is currently running with the last r4i-sdhc firmware (but without the autoupdate feature functioning), a compiled version of the DSTT firmware and the last YSMenu compiled for DSTT, whereas other R4 clones would reject the DSTT firmware, and a pal of mine, with the original R4, can boot only an old backup of his ancient firmware and the YSMenu I compiled him for R4.

So, it will take forever, but it'll be worth. Don't forget getting a fairly recent USRCHEAT.DAT too, if he needs games with "activators", like Chrono Trigger and GTA: Chinatown, for example.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This card is actually a DSTT clone and can run DSTT 1.17a12 raw or with YSMenu. At the moment the firmware is as updated as DSTT 1.17a12 but lacks slot-2 compatibility. You can use the "Multimedia" button for the second firmware.

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
weird I downloaded the firmware from the official website (v 1.09b) and it still says that the card is fake when I load it. I'll give ds tt firmware a try. Anybody know what the problem is? since I went to r4i-sdhc.com and downloaded the official firmware from them but it still says it's fake.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get 1.15b, especially if you have the "i" version. Although that firmware works for my non "i" too.

Or you may have a clone of clone... heck knows.

Try copying this to your microSD and see if it works. Press the Multimedia button to enter YSMenu or launch TTMenu.nds for the TT firmware.

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sfg said:
You should get 1.15b, especially if you have the "i" version. Although that firmware works for my non "i" too.

Or you may have a clone of clone... heck knows.

Try copying this to your microSD and see if it works. Press the Multimedia button to enter YSMenu or launch TTMenu.nds for the TT firmware.

I tried that but it gave me the old "please update your hardware to support the latest firmware"

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...

Try some older firmwares and see if any works. If you find one it won't matter if it's old since you'll at least be able to run TTMenu or YSMenu from it.

Moke_moke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sfg said:
Hmm...

Try some older firmwares and see if any works. If you find one it won't matter if it's old since you'll at least be able to run TTMenu or YSMenu from it.

what file do I replace? since it doesn't have the 1.4 marker, I need the 1.09b firmware. but I ran that before and it didn't work.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
since it doesn't have the 1.4 marker, I need the 1.09b firmware.

Don't listen to that. My card doesn't have the 1.4 marker either and it works with 1.15b.
But if that tells you need to upgrade your hardware just try older ones from linfoxdomain. There must be one that works.
If you find one that works, I'll send you an archive with the TTMenu and YSMenu files.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
This, kiddies is why you never ever buy a clone.
lecture.gif

PhoenixT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sfg said:
QUOTE said:
since it doesn't have the 1.4 marker, I need the 1.09b firmware.

Don't listen to that. My card doesn't have the 1.4 marker either and it works with 1.15b.

I confirm that. However, seems the older card haven't got a registered account for the server autouplad. No biggies, I just upload it manually.
Fact is that our moke_moke gets a really weird message about that makes think his friend's card may be even older... the model described on the second column of the firmware site.

It may, and I underscore, may still work with a compiled version of the YSMenu for DSTT, but we're speaking about a simple boy who gave his card to Moke_moke to get it "fixed". So, someone who basically need to play his same three or four games and nothing else. Why having him to bother with a radically changed firmware?

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
CAP99 said:
dudeonline: no need for that, what if the kid didn't know any better.

On topic: Whay don't you post a picture of the card

No need for that? Really? You buy a genuine card so we dont slam our heads against the wall trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with your dime a dozen clone.

There is no excuse of "the kid didn't know any better" this is why gbatemp forums exist, among other places. if he did a simple search he would have avoided this mess altogether.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.