Hacking R4i ultra and YSmenu

Phazon UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I'm a total noob to this DS business, so sorry if I'm asking dumb questions.

Anyway, I bought an R4i Ultra (apparently it's an Acekard 2i clone) and have gotten AKAIO 1.5 on it.
My main problem is that I'm playing Pokemon Platinum at the moment and it has a 512KB save file, and I've been told that it needs a 1Mb file.
I've read ways of simply converting the 512kb file into a 1mb file, but I was kind of looking for a solution that would work for any other games that require a 1mb save (such as Zelda-Spirit Tracks).
Some sites have suggested using YSmenu, but I don't know if that works on an R4i.
So can anybody help please?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no magic fix that you're looking for.

There is a default save size (256kb I believe) and then each firmware has it's own way of having special save sizes... like DSTT (and YSMenu)'s savlib.dat

Phazon UK

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well the R4i ultra makes 512kb saves by default. I read that only some games (Pokemon Platinum and Zelda - ST, both of which I'm playing) required a 1Mb save file so that the save didn't become corrupt later on.
I think it's ok though as I managed to find a Windows .bat file (i'm on mac) that converts a 512kb save to a 1Mb without any loss of data. I just hope it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4