R4i: the walls so far

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Alex*Sora*89, Sep 16, 2010.

Sep 16, 2010

R4i: the walls so far by Alex*Sora*89 at 11:55 PM (1,127 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Newcomer Alex*Sora*89 Member

Italy
    Howdy there, folks!
    This is Alex*Sora*89, an Italian user! And yes, this is my first post here and, of course, I've lurked on this site for very long without ever overcoming my shyness enough to register... until now, as you can tell.
    I could talk about myself, but if you're that curious, there's the "Tropers: Alex Sora 89" page on Tv Tropes (warning: such an informal encyclopedia of clichès is very addictive).

*pause*

So. Let's get straight to the point. I happen to use a flashcart, the R4i-sdhc (NOT the v1.4 version). The problem is, I can't get some games I already have to work. Case in point: *deep breath*
    Mario And Luigi - Bowser's Inside Story,
    Wario Ware D.I.Y.,
    Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing,
    Sonic Classics Collection,
    Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland,
    Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions
    and Assassin's Creed 2.

(oh, I forgot that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and Kirby Superstar Ultra tend to freeze sometimes... my bad!)

The problem is, as the moronic newbie I am, that I couldn't even understand how to put in my flashcart the supposed solutions to said issues: YSMenu and Wood R4.

I'm too afraid to screw up the firmware, because, if guides are anything to go by, the R4i firmware and YSMenu (or Wood R4) are mutually exclusive.

So, this topic is meant to ask you some help with setting up my non-v1.4 R4i-sdhc, in order to give other newbies like me the same kind of help.

I hope, since this is my first post, not to have written anything either wrong or in conflict with the conditions I agreed to (in order to make my account).

Thanks in advance!

Fellow gamer Alex*Sora*89

EDIT: I forgot to say I'm aware of Wood R4 because most of the games don't work because of the infamous "load rom errcode=-4, please reset system." message.

2. PeregrinFig

Member PeregrinFig A miserable little pile of secrets

United States
    What I can tell you is that Wood definitely won't work. It's designed to only work on the original R4 (and its exact 1:1 clones). It's possible YSMenu would work, but unfortunately I don't know enough about it to help you set it up. (Never used it on my old R4, and now I use a SCDS2) I wish I could be of more help, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.

If all else fails, you could get a better card. The SCDS2 and Acekard2i are both great.

3. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    I give you my thanks for your advice, but sadly the "changing flashcart" option is the one I prefer the least. But still, as you said best, "if all else fails".

Still thanks, though!

EDIT: going to sleep. If my stomachache allows me to, that is.

4. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Fresh™

United States
    I have the same cart. If you use YSmenu (DSTT version), Mario+Luigi 3: Bowser's Inside Story will work. Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland works on the normal firmware. It will load to a white screen, but if you wait ~20 seconds, the title screen loads up and it plays fine. There may be fixes for the rest, but I haven't updated in awhile.

DSTT firmware and the official R4i firmware aren't mutually exclusive. If you change the .dat portion of TTMENU to .nds, it will appear in the R4i firmware's game listing, and you can load TTDS from the game list.

5. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    So I have to change the extension of one file.
    Okay, but then, how will the resulting NDS file work?

EDIT: oh, and I can't find "TTMENU" in my R4i firmware!