R4i SDXC. Real or Not?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Diabolos, Feb 21, 2012.

Feb 21, 2012

R4i SDXC. Real or Not? by Diabolos at 10:13 AM (2,193 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Diabolos
    OP

Newcomer Diabolos Advanced Member

Thailand
    Hey, guys. I've been wondering for a while now... I have this flashcart called R4i SDXC. At first, I thought it was real, but during the search on internet, I found out that someone else also has an R4i SDXC, andthen I saw someone else's post saying that SDXC is a fake. So I was wondering... is SDXC fake?

P.S: Also, I tried putting an SDHC system into my SDXC. It works perfectly fine... Although my DSi XL can't read the flashcart anymore, after the update...

P.S.S: Another question. I also have this normal R4 flashcart... but it doesn't show up on my brother's DSlite's screen (says that there is no catridge on). Neither does it shows up on my DSi XL. And before you post anything, mind this; This R4 flashcart (not the R4i SDXC that I have) can be splitted apart in half, or in other words, cracked open into half. But nothing broken. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
    -Diabolos

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    IMHO (& I'm sure some1 will correct me)

> The 'real' R4 does not exist anymore (i.e. it is not produced).
    It could ONLY accept normal MicroSD memory cards so is unable to use 4Gb or higher cards

> If a R4 card (whatever it is called) can run the latest genuine 'Wood R4' firmware (not a modified version) then it is considered a 1:1 Clone of the original R4.
    (I think) these are based on the original R4 hardware design but modified to allow SDHC support.

> If a R4 card CANNOT run 'Wood R4' - it's a 'Fake Clone'.
    (Some R4's are actually based on other cards like the N5 or DSTTi)

Some of these cards are [still] supported with updates to allow them to run on updated DSi/3DS though

You will need to visit the website of your R4 card (I assume YOUR card is this one) to see if there's an update for it - but you will most probably need either an un-updated DSi or a DSLite/DSPhat to do the update to the flashcard if one is avaliable

As for your 'p.p.s' it sound like you may either have a 'contact issue' with that R4 card OR the card is f**ked.
    If possible try it on a DSPhat or another DSLite (DSLite's are prone to contact issues with flashcards) - If it doesn't show up - then I would say it knackered

3. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Your normal R4 not showing up on the DSLite is probably a contact issue, and the same R4 (assuming normal means original) will not work on the DSiXL

4. Diabolos
    OP

Thailand
    I forgot to mention. It used to work, but not anymore. But, I'll still try that. Thanks.
    Yup, it doesn't show on my DSi XL, too. I'll try.

5. Click This

Member Click This Surgite!

United States
    The real question here is does the R4i SDXC really accept SDXC cards?

6. Diabolos
    OP

Thailand
    I don't know what you mean...
    If you meant the small chip card inside any R4 card, then I just got it as an SDXC. I don't know if that's the answer you wanted, but... I don't really understand. Anyways, thanks for trying to hellp me, at least...

7. Click This

Member Click This Surgite!

United States
    As in supporting SD cards that are over 64GB.