R4i-sdhc

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by webugoy, Mar 30, 2011.

1. webugoy
    OP

webugoy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2011
    Canada
    Hi,

I bought my kid the R4i-sdhc.

I would like to know how to change the www.r4i-sdhc.com from the top screen? You can see this web address on top screen left bottom corner.

I want to modify it so I can change it to my daughters NAME rather than www.r4i-sdhc.com

I used hexeditor and found the webaddress. But after I changed the www.r4i-sdhc.com to my daughers name the Kernel will not start.
    I did use the same amount of space of characters but still the same result just blank screen.

Any help?

2. samjef11

samjef11 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 28, 2009
    Why and What reason to do so it not really inportant is it what are you trying to hide??

3. webugoy
    OP

webugoy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2011
    Canada

Huh?

4. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    Don't make one-word posts, please.

Anyway, there is no flashcart that can change the text what you are talking about.
    And, you bought a very bad flashcart.
    If you consider buying a new one, go for the Acekard 2i, as it is simple yet it has good compatibility.

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Are you sure it's not just a skin?

6. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    :coughmakingaclonecough:
    but try looking at the skins.

7. webugoy
    OP

webugoy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2011
    Canada
    Just to be clear. The www.r4i-sdhc.com that appears on the top screen, bottom left corner is watermark.

@sausage head - one word post will not happen again. It's just that user cant read why i need it changed.

@Rydian & Firegrey - no it's not the skin i have worked with skin maker program.

Anyway if no one knows thats ok. I made work around for now to place her name on bottom left corner top screen. But it is possible to edit the watermark, i just need to find what validates the 16 characters.

Ill post back once i solved it. It may take time.

8. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    Soul Society
    actually that is a skin you can change it with a photo editor the defult skin is skin 1. i know this cause i have that card and use retrogamefans updates to increase compatibility

9. webugoy
    OP

webugoy Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2011
    Canada
    So i created a brand new skin again from scratch. Just having plain gray background for topscreen.
    With all red txt color. The web add still appears on red

Many thanks
    And change the txt colo