R4i-sdhc: where's the check-your-date-thing?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Alex*Sora*89, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Alex*Sora*89 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2010
    Italy
    As stated in my "R4i - the walls so far" topic, I have an R4i-sdhc (NOT the v1.4 version), and yet I can't get YSmenu to work.

However, I've stumbled across an option that would allow me to.

Said option is this: http://gbatemp.net/t195821-old-r4i-sdhc-no...s-fix?&st=0

Too bad the topic itself dates back to last year. So, I'm asking you about another different kind of help.

Given the R4i has some kind of file that, once a certain date is reached, tells the flashcart that I have to either update the firmware or to change the system date (which I personally find kinda dumb as it sorta kills the purpose), I have to know which files I have to use in order to get YSmenu to work.

Or, to put it in a simpler way: I need to know the only files related to the check-your-system-date-thing that I mustn't use among the ones posted in the topic I linked to, so that even with that configuration I'll be sure that my R4i will work as it always has.

However, there are also other solutions I've considered... namely:
    1) "converting" the ROMs to another format that implements another kind of save file, in order to avoid any "errcode = -4";
    2) getting a blank save file somewhere, given my R4i isn't able to generate it;
    3) I can't recall this one, so anyone you'll suggest will be accepted.

Thanks in advance, from your annoying, yet in need of help, fellow user Alex*Sora*89

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice