Hacking R4i SDHC & RTS Questions

GrayDuck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b here.

I have had a "real" R4 for awhile. Love it! I was trying to make one for a niece who has a DSi, so I bought the R4i (SDHC&RTS). I downloaded the kernel here, and gave it a test drive on my DS Light (I don't have access to a DSI)

I have two issues:
  • when I insert the R4i into the DS Light, it doesn't automatically boot to the Main Menu (the screen that shows Games, Multimedia, and Boot Slot 2), it goes to a screen where I have to select the top icon - "Danny Phantom, Urban Jungle, and THQ" - games I don't even have! Is there a way to bypass this?
  • After I select the "Danny Phantom" button, and choose "Games" - it shows the contents of the MicroSD card, rather than just the Games directory (like my trusty R4). Is there a way to hide everything else?
Any tips & advice is welcome. I guess the simplest answer I expect from searching around here is I should have gone with a different card.... any way to salvage what I have?

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
if you see Danny Phantom, Urban Jungle, and THQ is normal because your flashcard is patched to support 1.4 firmware console dsi.
for games, why don't you put all games in the root of microsd? so you don't need to enter games directory

GrayDuck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the game directory just because I thought it was easier / cleaner to keep all the games together (easier to swap them out for me).

I just tried putting them in the root directory and it still shows the rest of the rood dir's contents. I think I've figured out that I can press the "select" button on the DS to change the view - but it still never just shows the games. When I press select to show just Games *.nds I see

_SYSTEM_
extendedskins
MOONMEMO
MOONSHL2
_DS_MSHL.NDS
LanguageSelect.nds
moonshl2_DirectBoot.nds

Then a listing of my games...

wannawanna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you're using the correct kernel from the correct website? There are many "r4's" out there now. You may have to try a few firmwares. There's a great sticky on this page called something like "stuck on loading screen..." and it has a great list of websites. Another thing that I find important is to use the panasonic sd formatter on the sd card first, and then extract the kernel directly to the card. Do NOT download the kernel and then extract it and copy it to desktop and then to the SD. Rather, download the kernel and extraxt directly to the SD.

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
He is not stuck on loading so he uses the latest firmware.
See you have tried pressing Select and it was not what you wanted.
This card is most likely a clone of something, it may be acekard, in which case you will be able to run the old ackeard software from the r4 game menu, or it may be ezflash clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag