r4i sdhc custom firmware

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by sayorecca, Oct 1, 2010.

Oct 1, 2010

r4i sdhc custom firmware by sayorecca at 1:24 AM (4,409 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. sayorecca
    OP

Newcomer sayorecca Member

Canada
    i have an r4i sdhc, ive seen a lot about the custom firmwares for ds flash carts but also a lot about firmwares not working on r4i carts and many other problems so i was wondering, which work? which are best to go with? is the firmware it comes with, that is being updated, worth keeping instead of a custom firmware?

2. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    anyone?

3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Clones are unsupported...period. Nobody really cares about them much, and probably no one ever will. Usually I would say to just use YSMenu...but unfortunately the torrent of nubs caused the people supporting the DSTT/YSMenu to pack their bags and leave...though there are some new people...who haven't exactly figured everything out yet...so it may be slightly problematic.

4. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    clones are not completely un supported ive seen wood work on regular r4 clones so i was just wondering if any work on r4i clones, ill try out YSMenu

5. jurassicplayer

United States
    Regular R4 clones are 1:1 clones with the original R4, which by itself doesn't have a bad reputation (or at least, it didn't...). All other R4 clones are unsupported by any official or unofficial party...or they have extremely bad support. WoodR4 is just a plus because YWG wants to work on it.

6. sayorecca
    OP

Canada
    so then since the clone r4 that i have has a nice menu and updates every other week or so, i should probly just stick with it rather then searching the web for modded versions of wood or ysmenu that work with it

7. jurassicplayer

United States
    In that case, why not stick with it xD. The only real problem people have with clones is the fact that many of them are slow updating or non-supported. If your clone is still supported, then there isn't really a problem (unless you want a different one for the just because).

8. TariqSoftDev

Member TariqSoftDev GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If Your Looking At SDHC Ive Made A Firmware Minor Changes That Allows YSMenu To be Booted From Root Menu :D

9. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    YSMenu is Kernel, not Firmware

10. TariqSoftDev

Member TariqSoftDev GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  11. TariqSoftDev
    This message by TariqSoftDev has been removed from public view by GeekyGuy, Sep 19, 2013, Reason: Double post.
    Sep 18, 2013
  12. TariqSoftDev
    This message by TariqSoftDev has been removed from public view by GeekyGuy, Sep 19, 2013, Reason: Triple post.
    Sep 18, 2013
  13. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Firmware and kernel are not the same thing.
    And if you are looking for a custom firmware, then there is none. But there is YSmenu, which is a homebrew kernel that should work with your card
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

Then they would make money remaking new boards for their cards at cheap and selling them at a high cost so people have to re-buy the same card after they update.

Flashcard teams are only in it for the money, they could care less about the users.