Hacking R4i SDHC Confusion

eccentricways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right major apologies, this is my first post and all this flash card stuff is a major headache.

So I've been trying to figure all this out as best as I can these last few days and it just isn't working.

A couple of months ago I lost my Pokemon Platinum save to corruption because I didn't know about the 512kb, 1mb save thingy. I have an R4i-SDHC (Red Box)

I've been looking at the YSMENU thing and it is just mega confusing me. R4i SDHC being a TT clone, does that mean I should go for TTMENU? Will it help me re-build a Platinum save without the fear of corruption? I need mega help here and a real simple step by step guide if that's okay.

Once again, sorry, I'm a noob, apologies if this has already been posted but please just answer what I've asked without getting all angry for a dupe thread.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The R4i-SDHC makes its own save types. That isn't why you corrupted.

TTMENU is the TT's system file, YSMenu is a firmware replacement. Not the same.

I'd just recommend starting the game again, and to start backing up your save files.

eccentricways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
The R4i-SDHC makes its own save types. That isn't why you corrupted.

TTMENU is the TT's system file, YSMenu is a firmware replacement. Not the same.

I'd just recommend starting the game again, and to start backing up your save files.

So it makes it's own save files. I was thinking about changing card to TT or Acekard or something, will the R4iSDHC saves be compatible on those cards?

eccentricways

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Right thanks for your help. So if I want to bypass 1.4 and still keep my saves I'm gonna have to stick to R4i SDHC. Thanks anyway ^^

Lattka23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey guys!
i thought i was the only one who bought a crappy R4i-sdhc - but im not alone
smile.gif

like there were many discustings here in gbatemp, i hope the team releases the promoted 1.4fix version for the card.
i also hope team cyclo release a dsi card (they are the best team ever!).
got to go bye

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Real" R4i-SDHCs aren't crappy. I've been able to get EVERYTHING I wanted to work without issue, and haven't had a problem with it. If yours is so "crappy" odds are you bought a fake, or you're doing things incorrectly. Most whining about it is because they haven't released a 1.4 update yet. It's coming friday.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices