R4i-SDHC 3DS 1.42b Kernel update problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Neopath, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Neopath
    OP

Neopath Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    Canada
    I'm hitting a wall trying to update my R4i-SDHC 3DS to the newly released 1.42b Kernel.

I copy the whole thing to the root of the (freshly formated with sdformatter) card and everything starts and runs alright.

The first time I try get into the "WIFI engine" thingy it also does a "kernel upgrade" and apparently succeeds.

I then restart the "nds machine" as asked and I get a white screen after the reboot.

If I delete the whole thing, copy the 1.42b fresh files, it starts alright, as soon as I start wifi engin it tries to update.. blah blah.. rinse repeat. Always a white screen after the "wifi kernel update".

I tried on both a ds lite and a 3DS.. same result..

Anyone else getting this or am I missing something?

2. sihou1

sihou1 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2011
    United States
    lol if u look closely on the site it tells u TO NOT update 1.4.3 on the r4i sdhc 3ds

3. Neopath
    OP

Neopath Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2009
    Canada
    Don't know what I did differently, but it finally worked. I'm now on 1.42b and "Wifi engine" doesn't want to update the "kernel" anymore. The update started as soon as I opened "wifi engine" so "not upgrading" wasn't much of an option if I wanted to use it. It's like they'd be saying "Here's the new version but don't start wifi engine, it will mess up your kernel". At any rate, having a 3DS, I'm not so sure I need to pay attention to all this DSi 1.4.3 update thing. The card is a R4i-SDHC *3DS* after all.

Then again, I've had this card for about two weeks. Used to rock the old DSTT/NDSL combo. Much to learn yet...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice