R4i-SDHC 3DS 1.42b Kernel update problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Neopath, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. Neopath
    OP

Newcomer Neopath Member

Canada
    I'm hitting a wall trying to update my R4i-SDHC 3DS to the newly released 1.42b Kernel.

I copy the whole thing to the root of the (freshly formated with sdformatter) card and everything starts and runs alright.

The first time I try get into the "WIFI engine" thingy it also does a "kernel upgrade" and apparently succeeds.

I then restart the "nds machine" as asked and I get a white screen after the reboot.

If I delete the whole thing, copy the 1.42b fresh files, it starts alright, as soon as I start wifi engin it tries to update.. blah blah.. rinse repeat. Always a white screen after the "wifi kernel update".

I tried on both a ds lite and a 3DS.. same result..

Anyone else getting this or am I missing something?

2. sihou1

Newcomer sihou1 Member

United States
    lol if u look closely on the site it tells u TO NOT update 1.4.3 on the r4i sdhc 3ds

3. Neopath
    OP

Newcomer Neopath Member

Canada
    Don't know what I did differently, but it finally worked. I'm now on 1.42b and "Wifi engine" doesn't want to update the "kernel" anymore. The update started as soon as I opened "wifi engine" so "not upgrading" wasn't much of an option if I wanted to use it. It's like they'd be saying "Here's the new version but don't start wifi engine, it will mess up your kernel". At any rate, having a 3DS, I'm not so sure I need to pay attention to all this DSi 1.4.3 update thing. The card is a R4i-SDHC *3DS* after all.

Then again, I've had this card for about two weeks. Used to rock the old DSTT/NDSL combo. Much to learn yet...