R4i Save Dongle questions

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by back25, Feb 26, 2013.

Feb 26, 2013

R4i Save Dongle questions by back25 at 12:41 PM (580 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. back25
    OP

Newcomer back25 Advanced Member

Antarctica
    I know there's a lot of info about this out there, but the questions specific to the un-released 3DS exploit aren't exactly clear, and scattered around the many-pages-long threads.
    I don't particularly want to transfer cartridge saves atm(although i might do it), but considering ordering a dongle just in case the exploit gets released. To the questions:

1) I think it's more like a consensus that the dongle(and the tear-down method) will do the trick for this exploit, but is there any confirmation for this? And is there any possibility of something else working, for this specific savegame exploit that is?

2)Save dongle backups can't be altered(by us normal human beings), but can be up/downloaded. Also the hackers found a way to run altered saves and that's how we saw the exploit. Is this sentence correct?

3)What's a good place to buy it? Prefereably a trusted chinese website, and a cheap one at it.

Thanks for reading. And sorry if this was unnecessary.

2. elisherer

Member elisherer I ♥ 3DS

Israel
    If an exploit will be released it will come with a patch to a specific save binary (like the first save created on a blank cartridge) and no altering on your part is needed.
    A save dongle is a good thing to have and the hacked game which isn't known for now.

3. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    save games that where built on firmware under 2.1.0-3 save encryption was solved so saves under that version can indeed be altered

4. back25
    OP

Newcomer back25 Advanced Member

Antarctica
    Does this mean the exploited game is old(or more likely to be?)
    I'd appreciate if someone answered the other questions too