Status
Not open for further replies.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes i have a fake version of mariokart which isnt mariokart but boots up a menu with a lot of snes agmes in it9got it from china) and its working

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just me or are we getting an influx of spammers/necrposters? Yeah off topic post. Hey look Ninty got smarter.
tongue.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
thanks rockstar99

Mbmax said:
elixirdream said:
my question here is... those original game (flash cart team uses) still works?

Yeah, i'm sure they still works. Big N has found something different in DSi flashcart faked games.
They check this difference to blacklist the flashcart.

thanks for the clarification, it sounds like those anti piracy protection that they use for games:)
however, this is targeting on flash cart
tongue.gif

it must be something to do with flash cart behaviour

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but if we make a flashcart with the headers of a reatil game like mario kart then if nintendo trys to block carts that cart wont get blocked because if they block that cart even all the real copies of mariokart ds will get blocked

watex5

dvd
Trophies
XP
Country
rockstar99 said:
but if we make a flashcart with the headers of a reatil game like mario kart then if nintendo trys to block carts that cart wont get blocked because if they block that cart even all the real copies of mariokart ds will get blocked
dude thats one of the only good posts ive seen in this thread
tongue.gif
thats a good idea, but we should use a different game thats selling even more...lets try pokemon

ashley.ince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats seems to be what R4i did for the video they got the bootheader / bootstrap for a populer game and used it on the cart some how, then the updated dsi just loaded it as it seems real / origanal

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
Since you guys came up with the idea. Wouldn't it be cool if teams release applications to design your own logo/header. It'd be cool if you could just choose an option in this application to set it as a popular game.

I think it'd rock to make your own cart title/logo.

BUUUUUUT I doubt it'll ever happen...

BlazerRazor

Trophies
XP
Country
Placeholder said:
How about, rather than a popular game, the teams release applications to design your own logo/header. Each one is unique, so I doubt they can block that. Then on the off-chance that does happen, you can just choose an option in this application to set it as a popular game.

You and others coming with these ideas clearly have NO UNDERSTANDING WHATSOEVER about what and how you run unsigned binaries on a Nintendo DS(i). It has nothing to do with a header with appropriate title data. These flashcarts utilize exploits in the Nintendo DSi firmware - memory overflows and similar stuff that makes unsigned code run. This is the reason why it is so hard to correct these things, they need to find a new exploit they can use.
This is the very basics of hacking and NOT just changing a header title - how stupid do you think Nintendo is?

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't they use the SD card slot to load something into the DSi which prevents it from blocking the flashcards?

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Canonbeat234 said:
Can't they use the SD card slot to load something into the DSi which prevents it from blocking the flashcards?

As of right now, iirc, they haven't really hacked anything on the DSi except for the DS Mode. No DSi Mode, nothing with the SD Card slot. Just going to have to wait. And once again, I reiterate:

You people knew this would happen. Stop complaining, it makes you look like a spam-monger. The moment you bought a Nintendo DSi and then a flashcard that would work with the Nintendo DSi, you KNEW that this would eventually happen. All anyone can do now is wait patiently for the developers to finish cracking the new firmware. If you were stupid enough to update without getting what it does first, and use a flashcard...well...yeah...

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
BlazerRazor said:
Placeholder said:
Since you guys came up with the idea. Wouldn't it be cool if teams release applications to design your own logo/header. It'd be cool if you could just choose an option in this application to set it as a popular game.

You and others coming with these ideas clearly have NO UNDERSTANDING WHATSOEVER about what and how you run unsigned binaries on a Nintendo DS(i). It has nothing to do with a header with appropriate title data. These flashcarts utilize exploits in the Nintendo DSi firmware - memory overflows and similar stuff that makes unsigned code run. This is the reason why it is so hard to correct these things, they need to find a new exploit they can use.
This is the very basics of hacking and NOT just changing a header title - how stupid do you think Nintendo is?

I never ever said changing the header / logo would definitely unblock the carts on 1.4. I said it was a nice idea, I also said it probably wouldn't happen. Of course I know it isn't as simple as changing headers to make it work on 1.4, otherwise M3 and whoever else would have released a patch already.

Now, we know changing the header isn't enough, but people are commenting on how the R4i has the brain training / brain academy (forgot which) logo. That is why some people are thinking that all that needed to be changed was the title and logo. I think that's pretty understandable. It also brings up the question, why was the logo changed?

May I also add, we don't know much of how everything works because there is nothing at hand that can teach us. The people that DO know things think they're too important to explain how it is done, then get angry when we don't know.

I'll go and edit my post to make it clearer...

If anything I've said sounds off, in the future tell me via PM, I don't like typing nasty posts.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dudu.exe said:
Beige said:
spinal_cord said:
I like how everyone is R4 bashing, even though they are the first to offer a way past the new 1.4 firmware. Not only that, there is no proof that any of the carts with updatable firmware will be able to pass it. New hardware might be the ONLY way to do it...

Just a thought.

But still, last I checked, none of the R4 clones that are for DSi have updateable bootstraps. Chances are, they just want to keep their card cheap and would rather release new products than make it update-proof in any way. I'd honestly like to know how the current exploits have worked myself, plus how Nintendo blocked them out, because that kind of info would clue in the need for new hardware revisions and whatnot.

Now, slightly off-topic, my guess is Team Cyclo is waiting for DSi-mode, in the meantime they are trying to figure out Nintendo's encryption methods so they can release a DSi-enabled card that would always come up as a legit card with no need for an exploit, but that's just my guess
unsure.gif

dsi-ware games will not work from flashcards ( not without a big hack ) try to think like wii! you will need a Dsi-ware installer! when you got that! maybe we dont even need flashcarts in the future!

with a wad intaller for DSi, you will be ablle to install custom channels and play content from the DSi´s sd port! playing roms, homebrws and dsiwares!

team twizers release a first dsi mode exploit, this is just the beggining!

That's not what I said. I never said anything about DSiWare or being able to run them from flashcards.

What I was saying was Team Cyclo is probably waiting for a way to boot their card into DSi-mode, just like the DSi-enhanced game cards do, allowing the use of DSi-enhanced and DSi-exclusive card-based titles. Got it?

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
they are selling upgraded version of the r4i gold on 10th of August onwards
tongue.gif

that means they won't be upgrading their existing cart but telling us hey if you need to play it on 1.4
you need to get a new r4i gold
smile.gif

i smell MONEY for them and the cycle will go on!!!!!!

SGAK said:
I've got an NDSTTi card
(www.ndstt.com)
how screwed am I?
unsure.gif

given that dstt haven't been updating their firmware
i would say is not on a positive site

pong106

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
face it dudes, from what the posts above said. We jolly well knows Nintendo gonna updates the firmware and blocks the "3rd party". Now whats we gonna do is to wait for further notice from the respective carts.

For now, do not update your DSi to 1.4 will be fine. If you did, i am sorry

Seriously, i smell money rolling. I can imagine the falling of coins, like a waterfall.

kreation

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gamingrevolutions.com
XP
Country
Ok...I have one of the following flashcarts (R4i-SDHC) and I thought, stuff it, I also have a ds lite so I'll try this upgrade thingo and see what happens. Shouldn't have done it, the card isn't working now
frown.gif
My only saving grace is that I still have 2 more ds lites with working flash cards for them. I'm in the Melbourne, Australia area and was wondering where I could get my mitts on a flash card that works with the 1.4 update firmware. Sorry in advance if I've broken any forum rules by posting this, I just couldn't find the info from any other sites
smile.gif

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kreation said:
Ok...I have one of the following flashcarts (R4i-SDHC) and I thought, stuff it, I also have a ds lite so I'll try this upgrade thingo and see what happens. Shouldn't have done it, the card isn't working now
frown.gif
My only saving grace is that I still have 2 more ds lites with working flash cards for them. I'm in the Melbourne, Australia area and was wondering where I could get my mitts on a flash card that works with the 1.4 update firmware. Sorry in advance if I've broken any forum rules by posting this, I just couldn't find the info from any other sites
smile.gif

Wat? Only the DSi can update, you numbskull XD The DS Lite is fine.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
kreation said:
frown.gif
smile.gif

mentioned countless time! is just 1 week only so please be patient
why not wait a while more before making any decision
we should see any of the m3i0 or scds1i will live up to what they said
meanwhile, you can still play with your DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, The worst part when buying 360's at GameStop, is that they bolt the heatsinks down.