R4i LL from ndsill.net bricked

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by RobinCollet, Nov 12, 2011.

Nov 12, 2011
  1. RobinCollet
    OP

Newcomer RobinCollet Newbie

Hi guys!

I have a problem with my i LL from ndsill.net. I updated it to 1.42, then wanted to update it to 1.43 with "illto143.nds". It was stuck at 42%, so i dedicded to power off my DSi LL. Problem is, my cartridge isn't recognized anymore. I'd like to know what could make it work again. I formatted the microSD, installed the firmware 1.42, but still not recognized......

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    looks like ur kard is briked. srry dude

3. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I'm sure you know you should never EVER power off during a firmware update, but the fact that the update froze is probably a quality issue (possibly with the updater and not the card since you have done it successfully before) because you had a shitty clone card.

I'd recommend replacing it with something from a reputable team such as the Supercard DStwo. DStwo is one of the only carts that can be updated on a DSi system even if you break compatibility with your DSi System Firmware.

4. RobinCollet
    OP

hi! thanks for your replies. I've bought a new one 20 minutes ago, exactly the same one. It runs correctly on my DSL, but is there a way to downgrade the DSi XL firmware?

5. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    No you can't downgrade the DSi firmware.

If both you're previous cart and your new cart had a gold star with 1.4.1 in it then it cannot be upgraded to work on DSi firmware 1.4.2 or 1.4.3 you will have to either buy a new ndsill.net cart with 1.4.2 on or buy a decent flashcart that can be updated to the latest DSi firmwares like the AceKard 2i or the r4ids.cn Gold cart.

6. RobinCollet
    OP

OK, then I'll try to make the seller to rebuy it..........

7. pyromaniac123

Member pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

United Kingdom
    Why would the seller rebuy it? You didn't check before buying so the seller shouldn't have to rebuy it.