Hacking R4i Gold (Version 1.0) AR Codes Not Working

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded one of the kernels and then used the R4 Cheat Code Editor (r4cce) to add a new cheat file for a game. Then I added cheat codes for that new cheat file from ar codes from the internet. The cheats worked but then after a long time, I got a new game and decided to create a cheat file to add cheats to the game. The cheats didn't work so I went and tried using cheats on one of my other games that I used cheats for many times before (and the times before, the cheats worked). I even tried downloading another kernel and copying and pasting the 2 cheat files I made onto the new kernel's cheat file. The cheats still don't work. What can I/ should I do to make these AR codes/cheats work again?

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It says "RetroGameFanDSScen....exe appears malicious". Should I download it anyways?

Also, if/when I do download it, what would I have to do to fix my cheats/ fix my problem?

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Download WinRAR and right click the file and extract the contents. You're going to get a .DAT file which you place in the Cheats folder.

After extracting the file, there was no .DAT file. I got a folder called "DS-Scene_Rom_Tool_v1.0_build_1205_Pack". Inside the folder is another folder "data" and some other things (updater_v0.2, 7z.dll, unrar.dll, DS-scene Rom Tool). I checked inside of the data folder and all the folders inside the data folder. There was no .DAT file.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After extracting the file, there was no .DAT file. I got a folder called "DS-Scene_Rom_Tool_v1.0_build_1205_Pack". Inside the folder is another folder "data" and some other things (updater_v0.2, 7z.dll, unrar.dll, DS-scene Rom Tool). I checked inside of the data folder and all the folders inside the data folder. There was no .DAT file.

Oh you got the Cheat program. I think you can run that and you'll get the latest cheat database. I don't recall completely off the top of my head. :(

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run what? DS-Scene Rom tool?

Hmm... what exactly did you download, and where did you pick it up? Haha, I'm confused at the moment. I'll take a look at it later tonight to try and help, as I'm currently in a lecture right now. -_- Or I can just send you a cheat file that would work with most later games that's still fairly recent. :P

EDIT: Heres a fairly recent cheat file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tmon2a12hnluruu

Pop that into your cheat folder within the firmware folder on the root of your Micro SD. I'll help you later if you need it. :)

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I put it under "_SYSTEM_ " on my microSD and delete the previous CHEAT file that came with the kernel download. Then I put the microSD back in my DSi but I had no option to enable/disable any cheats. There was no cheat option at all for any games.

EDIT: Should I rename it usrcheat.dat? Will it fix the problem?

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, I remember when I was testing my cheats to see if they worked a few weeks ago. I had 2 cheat files on my _SYSTEM_ folder (1 that came with the kernel, the other was one I used from my previous kernel (I added a few cheats)). My cheats weren't working so I used the Cheat Code Editor (CCE) and deleted all the cheat files on the one I copied and pasted from my previous kernel (I had a copy of it saved somewhere) except for 1 game. When I went and checked my games, there was still the option to enable/disable cheats on almost all my games.

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do I put the whole DS-SCENE_ROM_Tool folder under my _SYSTEM_ folder (that is where the current CHEAT file is)?

Pokeman060

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Run what?After opening the DS-Scene_Rom_Tool_v1.0_build_1205_Pack folder, there are many files which are:
updater_v0.2
7z.dll
unrar.dll
DS-scene Rom Tool

Should I run the DS-Scene_Rom_Tool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night