Hacking R4i Gold Deluxe v3.0 firmware. Update emuNAND from v4.5.0 to v6.3.0, possible?

alibasbas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have an R4i Gold Deluxe running on v3.0 firmware. From what I know, this v3.0 firmware is based on Gateway software v2.0b1

My 3DS is currently running v4.5.0 system version.

I have successfully created an emuNAND using my R4i Gold Deluxe running on v3.0 firmware. My emuNAND is currently at v4.5.0, similar with the system version of my actual 3DS NAND.

I would like to update my emuNAND system software and make it v6.3.0 for games compatibility. I don't want my emuNAND to be v7.x due to issues encountered with it in conjuction with v3.0 firmware of R4i Gold Deluxe.

I don't want to use v3.1 or v3.2 firmware of R4i Gold Deluxe due to bricking-related problems introduced in such firmwares.

Is there any way for me now to update my emunand into v6.3.0 using R4i Gold Deluxe v3.0 while retaining my actual nand system software at v4.5.0? If it is possible, how do I do this?

D

Deleted User

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, unless in the past it was on that FW and you made a dump of it.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4i Gold Deluxe running on v3.0 firmware. From what I know, this v3.0 firmware is based on Gateway software v2.0b1

My 3DS is currently running v4.5.0 system version.

I have successfully created an emuNAND using my R4i Gold Deluxe running on v3.0 firmware. My emuNAND is currently at v4.5.0, similar with the system version of my actual 3DS NAND.

I would like to update my emuNAND system software and make it v6.3.0 for games compatibility. I don't want my emuNAND to be v7.x due to issues encountered with it in conjuction with v3.0 firmware of R4i Gold Deluxe.

I don't want to use v3.1 or v3.2 firmware of R4i Gold Deluxe due to bricking-related problems introduced in such firmwares.

Is there any way for me now to update my emunand into v6.3.0 using R4i Gold Deluxe v3.0 while retaining my actual nand system software at v4.5.0? If it is possible, how do I do this?

Next time don't take the cheap way out and actually pay for the real deal instead of a POS clone

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Longer answer: maybe if you get a hardware mod, backup your sysnand, update sysnand to 6.x using a cartridge, back that up and convert it to emunand, and restore 4.5 sysnand from backup.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
OP, you don't need 6.3 to have full game compatability on 3.0. All games (Besides Pokemans and Animal Crossing) work on your 4.5 firmware without Emunand.

philroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Next time don't take the cheap way out and actually pay for the real deal instead of a POS clone
if like me who bought a r4i card it was on the basis that i bought one for the ds years ago and thought they were genuine people only to find out now they were just copiers big mistake

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...