R4i Gold Deluxe release a video for "emuNAND 7.0" today

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LurkerA, Dec 16, 2013.

1. LurkerA
    OP

LurkerA ㊣New3DS

Apr 8, 2010
    United States
    Video for Deluxe Edition - "emuNAND V7.0" is released! (2013-12-16) [​IMG]

"emuNAND V7.0" feature will be coming with the new firmware V3.1 soon...

[​IMG] Watching Video here...

2. Gameboy Color

Gameboy Color Member

Newcomer
    Dec 27, 2012
    United States
    nooblette nooby n00b noob newb question

does this mean it'll work without having a 4.0 3ds or you still need that to start as a base?

3. frown

frown Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    actionol
    Sure is a blurry video. Hard to tell what's going on. D:

4. helmet_

helmet_ Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    Norway
    Love updates from any team, even if it is blurry videos. Thanks LurkerA.

5. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2004
    i couldn't see anywhere in the video that showed it was a 4.5 3DS to begin with, it would be interesting to see if they can release before the gateway team this time................................sudeki300

6. tranfeer

tranfeer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 23, 2010
    Australia
    It should be emunand 3ds7.0 not supporting 3DS 7.0 directly.

7. scootr

scootr Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2013
    at the end when they show what firmware there on it say ver.7.0 and not GW3D.7.0, i thought GW3D was when emunand is running.

8. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Thanks for the video.

Could you confirm if the other bugs are fixed?

- Entering into patched mode (with/without L) randomly freeze on stripe lines
    - Exiting game bug, losing the savegame
    - Region free / System version spoofing, with 4.1.0 (realNAND/EmuNAND)

I think the more important bug is losing the savegame.
    (Maybe it will use the direct access now? so no more home>x)

- And wondering if there will be a fix for the KeyY (if ever technically possible) to use new method from EmuNAND in future versions, to fix compatibility between realNAND/EmuNAND 6.0+. If it's ever fixed, users who started playing on EmuNAND will lose their save on future emuNAND.

Huntereb likes this.
  9. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands

They stolen EmuNand and simply removed GW3D. Very simply. I wish they could Law the R4 Clones and crush the Scene completely... but thats off Topic!

But the good news is, that GW3D had finish 7.0 too otherwise R4 would not able to ^.^

dagro likes this.
  10. tranfeer
    This message by tranfeer has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 16, 2013, Reason: flaming.
    Dec 16, 2013
  11. ehnoah
    This message by ehnoah has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 16, 2013, Reason: flaming.
    Dec 16, 2013
  12. mybluered
    This message by mybluered has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 16, 2013, Reason: flaming.
    Dec 16, 2013
  13. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    please, don't start a war again with the "fanboy" thing. that word doesn't give anything good to threads.
    Just be happy that you have proof EmuNAND works with 7.0.0, we don't care who did it. users will use the one for their card anyway.

Do you know about the 3 bugs I listed ? :)
    or maybe you can't say anything about it until release.

Huntereb and Xexyz like this.
  14. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands

I didn't started it =/ But sorry anyway. Its off Topic

15. corim123

corim123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2007
    United States
    It's posted on their site so I don't think there's any more public info on what 3.1 might entail other than emuNAND 7

16. shakoor_h

shakoor_h Member

Newcomer
    Nov 30, 2013
    What is this video supposed to show??? That emuNAND 7 is working? I thought it was already working.

17. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    wouldn't surprise me if this video was a fake...didn't show them entering emunand or exiting into 4.x, only showed 1 game load which could easily be a case swap for a genuine cart running on a genuine 7.0 console to create the illusion of them doing something(same as their "emunand" video which ended up just being a copy job of gateways FW)....but who knows smealum did say it was fairly simple to modify emunand for 7.x....but if r4i's previous "work" is anything to go by they don't actually do anything until someone else does the work for them.

18. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    that news is available for 3dslink too over here http://www.3dslink.com/news/

im pretty sure its not fake. theres no reason for it to be. My only question is will 3dslink or r4 team release first, v3.0 was released for 3dslink first, with a version for r4i availble within the hour.
    btw, anyone notice Orange 3DS didnt get upgraded to v3.0? i guess its officially the "worst" of all the flashcarts now. http://www.orange-3ds.com/downloads.html

19. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Well I'll be...
    Seems that GW is becoming obsolete..

20. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    i dont think so.

1-this whole gateway/clones thing could be a fiasco from the very beginning, set up from gateway themselves to create a "virtual" competition in the market, before some other unknown team comes in and gives them REAL competition.

or 2- must be some leaker.

#1 is possible tho, considering the chinese. Smart market control.

i dont know if gateway team is originally gringos or chinese, but its very possible. The release window from r4i/3dslink is very suspicious. i dont know why orange3ds exists tho. maybe to give an even cheaper alternative.

21. sudeki300

sudeki300 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2004
    didn't this team put a video out last time saying they had emuNAND working, in the end it was just the gateway firmware without the icons removed. why don't people learn, they are doing exactly the same as the last release and still people are falling it.........................sudeki300

the videos on both sites are exactly the same vid, but they show no concrete evidence that the emuNAND 7.0 is even working. where in the video does it show booting from 4.5 into emuNAND 7.0, it doesn't cos they have not got anything apart from a dodgy vid

Duo8, kalimero, dagro and 1 other person like this.
  22. juins

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    true. and i dont know why all of a sudden this "priority" in showing emunand working. i thought they said they were working on multirom support, u would think they wouldve released a video of that.

23. ehnoah

ehnoah GBAtemp Fan

Oct 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Just to quote the Website:
    Smelts.... :) (GW3D said it came arround/before Christmas)

Anyway if they REALY do own Stuff, then lets see who is first :)