drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question here
i bought a R4i Gold Deluxe YEARS ago thinking there would be supported firmware versions that are 4.5+
so im wondering if are there any of custom updates maybe? that i've missed or should i just throw it away and buy the new sky3d or watever

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nah, [the 3DS part] is a Gateway clone, which all have been abandoned multiple years ago (so is the original Gateway tbh)

The best replacement is installing a free CFW and software to the console's SD instead, check out the 3ds.guide website!

The "Luma" CFW in particular, which that website will get you on, will allow you to use the DS card "starter" to play DS games even when you will later update to 11.6, in addition to the above way to play 3DS and GBA games, and more...!

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, [the 3DS part] is a Gateway clone, which all have been abandoned multiple years ago (so is the original Gateway tbh)

The best replacement is installing a free CFW and software to the console's SD instead, check out the 3ds.guide website!

The "Luma" CFW in particular, which that website will get you on, will allow you to use the DS card "starter" to play DS games even when you will later update to 11.6, in addition to the above way to play 3DS and GBA games, and more...!

So i should just follow this guide and then i will be able to use the R4i gold stuff so play my 3ds games and what not ?
ok then will do and report back thank you very much

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So i should just follow this guide and then i will be able to use the R4i gold stuff so play my 3ds games and what not ?
Ideally you should first backup the saves for all games you have on the R4i Deluxe (by installing and using JKSV or SaveDataFiler), then go through with the guide, then you will be able to install those games directly on the console and restore the saves; you won't need the card anymore!

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Put more simply, you can use the r4igold deluxe DS starter card to hack your 3ds and install cfw. The 3ds card part is useless.
Check out 3ds.guide and look out for "ntrboot".

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so I installed my first CIA and it seems like I get stuck on loop on the 3ds logo screen I have Luna + b9 and what not also on firmware 9.20-20U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k