Hacking R4i Gold Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B1 is released

D

Deleted User

Nice!the r4i gold deluxe edition card released the great news again , and I always wait for the great news of it, i really want the firmware v4.0B2 will released soon so we can play multi-games on r4i gold deluxe edition cards.

You from China by any chance, my comrade?

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly. People should use their head more and take all the facts into consideration. Then it becomes clear that there only 2 teams: GW team and the "clone" team (R4i Deluxe == 3DSLink == Orange3DS == MT card). 3DSLink team made MT card when the figured out they screwed up and forgot the FPGA update ability.
If really R4i = MT Card, why release so late an MT firmware clone without menu (by pressing L trigger you have a black screen) ?!?
R4i is not the same manufacturer than MT Card, that's why after copying GW's work, now it copies MT Card's launcher because it is free of brick code.

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is based on MT Card firmware so harmless a priori.
I doubt this time R4i haven't tested this firmware to avoid this kind of matter.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
....whilst it would appear better than basing it on gateway b2, i still couldn't suggest anyone using any firmware put out by them.....who knows what they are trying to do......disabling menu's but not disabling them, no emunand......but it boots into emunand, its all a big mess, and not the kind of thing i would want to run on my console

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only the menu have been dropped to avoid MT Card design and none available options for the moment.
The "MT3D" mention is only accessible for those who have previously installed EmuNAND feature from a legit MT Card launcher.dat so it is not a lack of awareness or lack of testing.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
im pretty sure it will be thoughly tested.....but if they still leave so much stuff weirdly broken in the firmware......why bother disabling the menu, if your going to leave the MT version string in it, and if emunand is functioning and people will know its a rip off of the MT firmware anyway why bother removing the menu, im no dev's but from the sounds of all the hack and slash methods in the firmware, i wouldn't put it past them to try make a hybrid Frankenstein MT/gateway mashup

i would personally wait on a dev to confirm they haven't just mashed bits of different firmwares together

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it is difficult to tell to R4i owners to expect another firmware to play 4.5+ games knowing that they have been waiting for about five months a new firmware to do it "safely". ^_^

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah i know,:lol: its probably safe, but still there's that awkwardness about the situation knowing that this is the team that have shown over and over they can't do anything right :blink:

D

Deleted User

If really R4i = MT Card, why release so late an MT firmware clone without menu (by pressing L trigger you have a black screen) ?!?
R4i is not the same manufacturer than MT Card, that's why after copying GW's work, now it copies MT Card's launcher because it is free of brick code.

Because they were focusing all their efforts to MT card? You know, the card that actually generates sales after nobody wanted 3dslink after the bricking?
Now they throw a bone for 3dslink users in a last ditch effort to squeeze every last possible drop of hoping to get a few extra sales with a "cheaper" card?
They are now in a period where they must wait for GW to fix the 7.x crypto, so they are now just twiddling their thumbs with nothing better to do

Bahax FZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have 3dslink with blue card boot 3.3b and launcher 3.3b, need to update the two to 4.0b1 or just the launcher?
sorry my english

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
3.0 was safe and played 4.x+ games.....but it was a bit buggy with the saves, but it did have emunand and whatnot

only 3.1 and 3.2 had the brick code

D

Deleted User

The funnier thing is people were crying about GW taking forever to release multi-rom and other features for a few months. 3DSLink/r4 have been promising that for how long now? Not to mention they've basically been twiddling thumbs since January for v4 that updated pretty much nothing. Hilarious to see the FW/feature regression.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...