1. Bug_Checker_

Bug_Checker_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Look there is always a ton of FUD in most of these threads. But multirom or Ghetto multirom could have probably been added in the very 1st version of ALL the firmwares. But definitely after menu additions were added.

To qualify for multirom you would need technically a minimum of 2 roms on the sd card. There is no requirement for a filesystem of ANY kind. So you can:
    force the users to cat or join their roms (padding the smaller ones to 4gb).
    require a minimum sd card of 8gb(2 roms) or 16gb(4 roms)etc
    select "slot 1" or "slot 2" etc from menu (or ghetto version no menu and button select)
    force sd card reads to start at address x00 for slot 1 and at 4gb intervals for the other addresses/slots

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Afaik the FPGA defines how the SD card is read......it's not really controllable via the 3ds unless it's updated to expect these commands and understand what to do with the commands, most of this has already been covered in several threads......but that's not to say multi rom is not possible, there is actually a few ways they could do it, all of which would require work on the 3ds firmware to make happen. And so far they haven't done anything at all new or original and they wouldn't have gateway to copy when trying to implement such features

Can they do such things? Who knows maybe they have a skilled but lazy dev and he will stop being lazy

But I'm not so sure, seems like cheap reverse engineering at every step so far

3. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

India
    I've been away for a while amd haven't picked up my 3ds since months. Finally an update.
    Does 4.5+ games mean we can run pokemon x/y and other nand saving roms now?

4. the-green

the-green Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Antigua and Barbuda
    it still a good news for people who have those two linkers

5. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    Buts its an update that gateway users had since early early december :rofl2:

Nope its just normal sdk 5.x-6.x games
    Nand saving games, eshop games, and anything using sdk 7.x+ do not work

Reecey likes this.
  6. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Don't panik, I have had my happy pills this morning!!! Anything is good today! :) Roll on R4i users.

7. masterzero

masterzero GBAtemp Advanced Fan

did you test it?

8. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

As I said, I would be just fine with eshop games, sdk 5+ games and cart spoofing for nandsaving games.

They've just done the second, I don't know if the third is actually already possible (can someone confirm that?) and I think it shouldn't be difficult to do the first, since IIRC it was just a matter of patching the .3ds file (in fact gateway added compatibility in a day IIRC)

Correct me if I'm wrong

9. Pedro Duarte

Pedro Duarte Member
    Newcomer

It looks like this time R4i used MT Card firmware...
    On settings, it shows: MT3D-7.1.0

:rofl2:

10. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

so it does have emunand they just removed the whole menu....but if its set up it will boot to it

on a side note......clones of clones.....oh the humanity :rofl2:

11. masterzero

Lel so maybe that's why the file is way smaller than an emunand enabled launcher ? ( since it seems they only disabled it from the menu) It is then based on the safe mt card version based on the gw 2.0b2?

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

I'm fairly sure that the R4i/3dslink team is the same as the MT card team.

13. masterzero

the team keeps telling me in mail that I use this instead of 3.0 that it's not safe , has anyone tested it yet to see if it's just a copy of mt card 2.0b2 gateway copied version? or something else..

14. bartimeaus91

bartimeaus91 Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
    Banned

United States
    Once again you couldn't be more wrong. R4i and 3DSlink are the same team. MT card is not. It's a separate team. Now whether MT is an offshoot team from GW is another matter.

15. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member
    Banned

United States
    hint... it is ;)

16. misterb98

misterb98 Moral Gateway User. Wat.

United States
    This doesn't make much sense, as GW is really protective of their work. Why would they copy themselves, rename to MT card, and the proceed to remove their own bricking code (basically DRM)?

If MT-Card was the same team as GW, they would probably also have a similar section of code to protect the codebase, so teams like this one couldn't copy them.

17. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member
    Banned

United States

Oop misread. I thought by "offshoot" you meant "clone".

18. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]
    Global Moderator

United States
    R4i Deluxe, 3DSLINK, Orange3DS, MT Card
    are all the same company

19. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Exactly. People should use their head more and take all the facts into consideration. Then it becomes clear that there only 2 teams: GW team and the "clone" team (R4i Deluxe == 3DSLink == Orange3DS == MT card). 3DSLink team made MT card when the figured out they screwed up and forgot the FPGA update ability.

20. full-hopeness

full-hopeness Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Armenia
    Nice!the r4i gold deluxe edition card released the great news again , and I always wait for the great news of it, i really want the firmware v4.0B2 will released soon so we can play multi-games on r4i gold deluxe edition cards.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - firmware, released, Edition