R4i Gold Cheats >:(

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mylittlePWNy, Jul 19, 2010.

Jul 19, 2010

R4i Gold Cheats >:( by mylittlePWNy at 10:27 PM (1,551 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mylittlePWNy
    OP

Newcomer mylittlePWNy Member

United States
    Hello, and thank you in advance for helping/not helping/lurking. Recently I bought myself a DSTWO, and it has been working wonderfully, but that's not what I'm here to talk about, so sorry [​IMG] . Before this I had upgraded to an R4i Gold, but I was having minor problems like slowdowns on saves, and renaming savs to SAVs. So, I gave it to my friend. He has a DSiXL (not sure if this matters), and every game we've tried has worked. Recently, he has been wanting to use cheats (because he can't beat me in Pokemon and is too lazy to make a new team), but as you might know, cheats and R4i Gold do not go well. I had never used cheats myself so I can't say I have a lot of experience with these files. The database I am using has been confirmed to contain HeartGold cheats. I have tested them on my old R4 and they work. However, the R4i will not read this. It reads some games, and doesn't for others. Go figure. So, when I explored the card, I found that the games with cheats that 'worked' had accompanying .cht files with the same filename that were definitely not there before. So I am forced to conclude that the R4i creates a .cht from information taken from the CHEAT.dat file. After numerous attempts with different cheat databases, the card still refuses to create a .cht file for HeartGold. So, I decide to make my own. I admit I think I did a good job with it.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

As mentioned, this cheat works on a normal R4, as read from the CHEAT.dat. When placed in the folder with the game, the cheat menu opens, however it reads 2 separate cheat entries- "Phail;" - notice the inclusion of the semicolon - and "@Datalength 40 -------;lksj;lfaej;loiajef;lalnlie". I would appreciate if anyone could point out any formatting errors the file contains, or recommend a better solution. Sorry for the super-long post and thank you again in advance, and maybe another sorry for wrong forum?

2. Chaz.

Member Chaz. GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Get the DSTT cheat generated files, should be .ARP files and place in root for R4i Gold. I had this problem but due to having DSTT before, I moved them onto the SD card and it worked. Unfortunately I dont have DSTT anymore, but if you can find someone who has one, ask if you can copy the ARP cheat files.

Hope I helped!

3. mylittlePWNy
    OP

Newcomer mylittlePWNy Member

United States
    Thanks so much for actually caring [​IMG] It didn't directly help me but the idea that the AR codes gave me was to separate the command string. I had put all of them together so the .cht file was reading them as one unified code, which was originally meant to perform three different actions. Thanks!

Topic closed?

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia

WAIT!!! which r4i gold is this
    yet till today no one cares to tell me [​IMG]