Hacking R4i Gold + 3DS + WiFi Issues

quikshadow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything is running smoothly so far with my new R4i Gold. I have a clean version of the Pokemon Black Rom on it and am playing it without problems so far. The only problem is the wifi. It shows my 3DS is connected, both in the game and in my settings. However every time I try to use the Global Trade Search (or anything that requires internet, for that matter), it says it cannot detect a wireless signal.

Is this a common problem? Any fixes?

Regards,

Quik

Blake Hopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So I was searching trying to find a solution to a problem of mine and what was stated in this thread didn't quite help but I was wondering if anybody knows a solution.

My current router is WEP and works perfectly on a retail Pokemon Black 2 cart. But when I use my R4 (same one as mentioned in this thread), it doesn't connect to wifi. It will say of the C-Gear (in game) that the internet is working but when I go to actually connect, nothing. I keep getting error code 51099 which nintendo says means that the game cannot properly connect to a router. Not sure why this is happening, I currently have the _rpg folder on my R4. Are there any other files I may need to get this to work?

Thanks!

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try double-checking the DS-mode WiFi setting in System Settings. DSi-enhanced DS games use 3DS WiFi settings to connect. DS games (and DS-mode flash cards, regardless of which rom is used) use the DS WiFi settings to connect.

Blake Hopper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should not have posted the day prior to leaving for vacation. I tried what GoldenSun3DS said, and it worked. I just had to pull up the nintendo WFC settings within the game and had to set a connection. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)