Hacking R4i Gold 3DS Vs R4 3DS RTS Vs R4i Gold RTS

coldjim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there,

I am looking to get an R4 card for the 3DS to play DS games and emulation, mainly because i know they are quite cheap. But on searching for one, i have found there are various different versions of the R4 card for 3ds, and im confused.

What is the difference between the various R4 cards? What does RTS mean, and is gold any different?

Here is a website for example with different versions for sale:

http://www.r4icardr4.co.uk/

Could anyone help me?

Thank You

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you are looking for emulation then supercard dstwo would be a much better choice (gba and snes, along with a few others)

coldjim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this not possible on the R4?? I just want something cheap, till they 'hopefully' find a way to play 3DS roms on a higher firmware

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Try to look for "R4i Gold 3DS RTS" which has "www.r4ids.cn" website printed on the cover - it has been the most trustworthy of all the R4 clone flashcarts.

RTS means real time save, so it's similar to what you have on most emulators (save states), although the saving on the flashcart is slower than on an emulator.

r4i-rts1.jpg

if you are looking for emulation then supercard dstwo would be a much better choice (gba and snes, along with a few others)
There is playable SNES emulator for the other cards as well. I agree that if emulation is really important to OP, he should go with DSTwo. But since he was looking for cheap R4, he probably doesn't want DStwo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: