R4i Gold 3DS Card PROBLEM

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by w00th00t, Mar 26, 2013.

Mar 26, 2013

R4i Gold 3DS Card PROBLEM by w00th00t at 9:47 PM (816 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. w00th00t
    OP

Newcomer w00th00t Member

United States
    So recently I tried popping in my R4i Gold 3DS flashcard into my 3DS as usual after the latest update, but for some reason, the card was not being read at all. At first I thought perhaps I had misread something and the card had been blocked, so I tried popping it in my old DSlite only to discover that device couldn't read it EITHER. What can I do to fix this problem? I have one of the good batches of Rev. C cards that has no problems updating.

2. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    sounds like the card is having a contact issue, look up flashcard paper trick on google

3. w00th00t
    OP

Newcomer w00th00t Member

United States
    Just gave that a shot. Still not reading the card at all. Tried a few pieces just to be sure, but still nothing.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Could be a contact issue between the cart and the MicroSD, as it won't boot without reading that.

5. wiewcw

Member wiewcw GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Did card is recognised by OS or it show that card is not inserted?

And another question is you card from r4i-gold.com?

6. Thirty3Three

Member Thirty3Three Musician Member

United States
    Try a different SD mini. That may do the trick. If you don't have another one, I'd recommend looking up others with the same problem, before buying a second mini. Just to make sure it will fix the issue.

7. w00th00t
    OP

Newcomer w00th00t Member

United States
    The card is an r4ids.cn card, and the microsd card isn't the issue. I've taken it out completely just to test, and the card is not being read by the system at all. It thinks there's nothing inserted. Tested other game carts and even my old Acekard. It reads them just fine.

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The r4ids.cn cart needs to be able to read the MicroSD in order to boot, and part of a modern flash cart's boot process is presenting header data to the DS/3DS system. If nothing is being shown then the cart's not being read (contact between the DS/3DS and cart), or not booting (dead cart, or contact between the cart and MicroSD).

9. w00th00t
    OP

Newcomer w00th00t Member

United States
    Well I just tried a combination of different microSD cards and the paper trick with no changes.