Hacking R4i Gold 3DS Card PROBLEM

w00th00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently I tried popping in my R4i Gold 3DS flashcard into my 3DS as usual after the latest update, but for some reason, the card was not being read at all. At first I thought perhaps I had misread something and the card had been blocked, so I tried popping it in my old DSlite only to discover that device couldn't read it EITHER. What can I do to fix this problem? I have one of the good batches of Rev. C cards that has no problems updating.

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did card is recognised by OS or it show that card is not inserted?

And another question is you card from r4i-gold.com?

w00th00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The card is an r4ids.cn card, and the microsd card isn't the issue. I've taken it out completely just to test, and the card is not being read by the system at all. It thinks there's nothing inserted. Tested other game carts and even my old Acekard. It reads them just fine.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The r4ids.cn cart needs to be able to read the MicroSD in order to boot, and part of a modern flash cart's boot process is presenting header data to the DS/3DS system. If nothing is being shown then the cart's not being read (contact between the DS/3DS and cart), or not booting (dead cart, or contact between the cart and MicroSD).

w00th00t

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The r4ids.cn cart needs to be able to read the MicroSD in order to boot, and part of a modern flash cart's boot process is presenting header data to the DS/3DS system. If nothing is being shown then the cart's not being read (contact between the DS/3DS and cart), or not booting (dead cart, or contact between the cart and MicroSD).

Well I just tried a combination of different microSD cards and the paper trick with no changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night